Your 2014 Syracuse Football Poster... | Syracusefan.com

Your 2014 Syracuse Football Poster...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
d7dbef0cc70fdd8ff99eb62827991dbc.jpg

I like the look of it and even that weird Nike home place thing looks okay here, away from their unfortunate uniforms.

Would have thought they would try and feature more of the captains here. I guess you can't have everything...

I like the look of it and even that weird Nike home place thing looks okay here, away from their unfortunate uniforms.

Would have thought they would try and feature more of the captains here. I guess you can't have everything...
I like the coming-out-of-the-tunnel look. I just wish it was a bit more in your face instead of so distant looking.

the Syracuse Blue

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

the Syracuse Blue

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I think they are trying to go with Syracuse by itself as the brand. Demphasizing the "Orange" part of Syracuse Orange.

Is that a JPEG or is it the real poster and that's why it looks like it's catching glare from a light? I can't figure that out and it's driving me nuts. That's my only issue with the poster.

I don't understand why you would make a poster that looks like it has constant glare on it.

Demphasizing the "Orange" part of Syracuse Orange.

thats the 1st thing they ever tried that seems to be working like a charm.

Home Run

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Damn, Shafer looks like Marrone in this one.

Not a complete surprise with SU Marketing (but they usually do a good job with the posters). You'd think they would just Photoshop the new uniforms, or get the players who are all around, to attend a shoot.

I mean why try and capitalize on the new uniforms when we can just send some interns to wear them around the Fair next month. I'd say someone should ask Giansante about it, but he'll just throw some other hard-working staff member under the bus.

Kinda weird that we'd have a 2014 promo poster with 2013 jerseys

The 2014 jerseys haven't been worn yet. Maybe they should wear the 2020 jerseys from the future.

The 2014 jerseys haven't been worn yet. Maybe they should wear the 2020 jerseys from the future.
They have them. That's what they'll be wearing this season, the season that the posters are promoting. Shooting a promo picture with a dozen players isn't hard.

They have them. That's what they'll be wearing this season, the season that the posters are promoting. Shooting a promo picture with a dozen players isn't hard.

Yes, that is a promo picture but if you recall almost every promo picture that SU has put out pre season has been from the previous season and is somewhat of an action photo.

This of course is the team actually coming out of the tunnel for a game. They can't come out of the tunnel for a real game until they play a game.

That logo with the crossed 44 makes me laugh every time. Wish they would get rid of it. Makes it look like we're a secret society, like Skull and Bones or the Seven Society.

Now if we had our own secret handshake that might add a little gravitas to this thing.

It's not bad, but not great. Far from cool.

I like the "Syracuse Football" over touting Orange. People tend to go with Syracuse, Cuse, Da Cuse, etc.

The Pepsi and Swoosh logos are needed given sponsorships, but putting all the social media icons on a physical piece of communication is somewhat hilarious since you can't click and go. And don't love using the helmets of the opposition as it puts so many more visual elements on there to distract.

I tend to believe all communications need to have an onwable brand message/look with some call to action. For posters like this, just make 'em look damn cool/badass and convey the info in small font.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom