Your Comment on Michael Carter-Williams: 'I don't think you are even close to ready for the NBA' | Syracusefan.com

Your Comment on Michael Carter-Williams: 'I don't think you are even close to ready for the NBA'

Two things:

1) random SU fans aren't exactly the best assessors of NBA talent.

2) when it comes to the NBA Draft, "ready" is a bit of an afterthought.

exactly. MOst of the guys going in the lottery aren't ready and have things to work on.

Hmmm...so, exactly why did Axe pick that quote when the fan right before him stated "no one with better upside"? It's not controversial, that's why. God, I hate the media sometimes.

I'm generally a media defender, not so much from the perspective that it's a golden era for journalism as much as because the media is generally a reflection of the public (i.e. most people would rather have a couple 140-word snipets of instant info -- right or wrong -- than a well-researched, well-written story the next day or several hours later).

However, I have to agree on this one. I don't really even know why there is an article referencing fan comments on the players' decision in the first place. That is simply bizarre, lazy and pointless. Yuck.

Two things:

1) random SU fans aren't exactly the best assessors of NBA talent.

2) when it comes to the NBA Draft, "ready" is a bit of an afterthought.

did you read the article? the opinions were not nearly as rough as the headline made them seem to be.

I haven't read the article, but after watching the Heat game last night, I'm thinking MCW will really need to work on his handle to really be ready for the Association. Seemed like George Hill was having a tough time getting the ball over half court when the Heat were pressuring.

As ever "READY" has nothing to do with the NBA draft. In fact it rarely has anything to do with initiating activities in general during your life. Humans usually aren't ready but try anyways. I have three children they all tried to walk before they were ready yet it was pretty easy to spot out how much more coordinated, graceful and athletic my 2nd child would be than my first, well before she ever stood on 2 feet.

MCW is certainly not even close to ready. That said, it doesnt really matter. He will be a lottery pick and make his millions. I look for him to wind up in Phoenix with the Suns.

One of the weaknesses of the NBA is that it's a developmental league nowadays. Undeveloped, unknown athletes are paid millions to go through the growing process that used to happen over four years of college, with growth in physique, skills and leadership. I'd love to see the polished version of MCW at SU, but thankfully we'll at least get to see the mature CJ Fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom