Your most embarrassing Dome moment... | Syracusefan.com

Your most embarrassing Dome moment...

Nick44

All Conference
Ok, I'll start...

Been going to games for 20 years, yesterday was sitting first row upper deck. Had a cardboard tray in left hand with a full order of nachos on it. I move my right arm, it hits the tray and the nachos bounce off the tray and go over the ledge... during the national anthem...

They fell onto a family. Covered them. An elderly man stared in anger at me with cheese on his face. Good thing I didn't get the extra jalapeños.

I may never eat nachos again.

My wife and I were at a very exciting basketball game in the 80's against Villanova(?). Late in the second half of a close game I had to use the facilities but thought I could tough it out. With about a minute left it became apparent that I couldn't wait any longer. I'm walking about as fast as I can toward the mens room while watching the monitor in the mezzanine when I collided with the concrete wall. Shockingly, it was much harder than my head resulting in a gash at my left eye brow. It hurt but I didn't realize at the time that it was bleeding. The relief of reaching the pee trough made the accident seem like a distant memory. I returned to my seat and my wife about passed out.

I was solemnly acknowledging the flag and our nation's anthem, when completely out of the blue - melted cheese fell directly on my head from seemingly nowhere.

I looked up and saw a very guilty dude holding an empty nachos cardboard container. I shook a fist at him, but he quickly ducked back from the 2nd tier rail.

I had to wear melted cheese for the remainder of the game - which was quite embarrassing.

Well it wasn't exactly In the Dome. Around 1990 or so, I had two press passes to a UConn game (overtime) but I left them in my hotel room in Rochester and had to buy two nosebleed seats at the gate. Press Passes!

Ok, I'll start...

Been going to games for 20 years, yesterday was sitting first row upper deck. Had a cardboard tray in left hand with a full order of nachos on it. I move my right arm, it hits the tray and the nachos bounce off the tray and go over the ledge... during the national anthem...

They fell onto a family. Covered them. An elderly man stared in anger at me with cheese on his face. Good thing I didn't get the extra jalapeños.

i've told this story many times. i was 11 or so. halftime of a basketball game. there was a charity wheelchair basketball game. they didn't have enough disabled people so able bodied people played. when it was over, the able bodied people got up and walked away. i stand up and yell IT'S A MIRACLE expecting deafening laughter. crickets. everyone in the section stared at me with hatred and disgust. total bomb

We were playing West Virginia around 2000. I'm the a-hole of the group, which isn't spectacular in and of itself until you consider that my group of friends contains Chip and Millhouse, which makes it pretty impressive. We're sitting upper deck, pretty close to first row and I'm drunk out of my gourde with another beer in my hand. I stumble, spill said beer over the railing on those below and someone (I don't know who but thank God) keeps me from toppling over myself. Instead of showing gratitude, I act like a and say that those below had to be because they could afford the good seats and they deserved getting a beer spilled on them. Chip says to me that he wishes I would have fallen if that's my attitude.

The worst part of the story? That's only my second worst dome story of me acting like an a-hole.

Millhouse said:
i've told this story many times. i was 11 or so. halftime of a basketball game. there was a charity wheelchair basketball game. they didn't have enough disabled people so able bodied people played. when it was over, the able bodied people got up and walked away. i stand up and yell IT'S A MIRACLE expecting deafening laughter. crickets. everyone in the section stared at me with hatred and disgust. total bomb

I don't care how many times I hear it, I love this story every time.

When I knocked out a front tooth and getting an implant done they gave me a temporary tooth in its place. So when Syracuse scored a huge T.D. I jumped up and cheered. Out flies my tooth and it went down a few rows and landed on a seat and a real pretty girl sat down on it. You know what it was like as a half drunken fool trying to explain to the girl and her mother that th girl was sitting on my tooth...They didn't believe a word I said until I smiled and as she stood up it stuck to her ass.
I was not about to touch that tooth they way mom was looking at me....

Cootface said:
We were playing West Virginia around 2000. I'm the a-hole of the group, which isn't spectacular in and of itself until you consider that my group of friends contains Chip and Millhouse, which makes it pretty impressive. We're sitting upper deck, pretty close to first row and I'm drunk out of my gourde with another beer in my hand. I stumble, spill said beer over the railing on those below and someone (I don't know who but thank God) keeps me from toppling over myself. Instead of showing gratitude, I act like a . . . . . and say that those below had to be because they could afford the good seats and they deserved getting a beer spilled on them. Chip says to me that he wishes I would have fallen if that's my attitude. The worst part of the story? That's only my second worst dome story of me acting like an a-hole.

How morally superior of me. Are you sure I didn't try to throw you over?

I know your most embarrassing outside of the Dome moment. Probably mine too with my Lloyd Christmas hat throw.

As for me, the year was 1999. The opponent, the Eagles of Boston College. Front row of the upper deck. The scoreboard made a nice shelf for which to place one's beverage. Went to grab my full Dome foam off the scoreboard, didn't quite get a good grip, and down it went to the 2nd deck below us. I wouldn't let anyone look over to see the damage. Security came and told us they were going to go thru their camera footage to see who it was. And they pointed to where the camera was. About 15 minutes later, after hearing nothing, we realized there was no camera. I felt bad though.

Lost a bet. Had to try out to be Otto. In the Dome. Was told not to take off any part of the costume. Wanted to get the tryout over as quickly as possible. Proceeded to start to do striptease at tryout. In front of my friends. Music stops playing. Tryout over.

Chip said:
I know your most embarrassing outside of the Dome moment. Probably mine too with my Lloyd Christmas hat throw.

As horrible as my moment might have been, the funniest thing still might have been that terrible excuse for a hat throw. Lamar from revenge of the nerds is embarrassed at that attempt.

As horrible as my moment might have been, the funniest thing still might have been that terrible excuse for a hat throw. Lamar from revenge of the nerds is embarrassed at that attempt.

I've got your back.

Or not.

We beat nebraska in 1984. My buddy and i decide ro run onto the field (we are 14). Then we decide it would be cool to tackle otto. So we run up and both jump on otto and gang tackle him. We hear a "what the " in a female voice. Apparently otto was a girl. And us two jerkoffs are both on top of her lying on the turf.

We were playing West Virginia around 2000. I'm the a-hole of the group, which isn't spectacular in and of itself until you consider that my group of friends contains Chip and Millhouse, which makes it pretty impressive. We're sitting upper deck, pretty close to first row and I'm drunk out of my gourde with another beer in my hand. I stumble, spill said beer over the railing on those below and someone (I don't know who but thank God) keeps me from toppling over myself. Instead of showing gratitude, I act like a . . . . . and say that those below had to be because they could afford the good seats and they deserved getting a beer spilled on them. Chip says to me that he wishes I would have fallen if that's my attitude.

The worst part of the story? That's only my second worst dome story of me acting like an a-hole.
memory is iffy but i think i might've saved you and i regret it every day

Wait, it was chip. Another reason to hate him

Last edited:
Chip, please tell the board again about your conversation with Mr and Mrs McNabb after the miami game (or was it the VT game)

How morally superior of me. Are you sure I didn't try to throw you over?

As for me, the year was 1999. The opponent, the Eagles of Boston College. Front row of the upper deck. The scoreboard made a nice shelf for which to place one's beverage. Went to grab my full Dome foam off the scoreboard, didn't quite get a good grip, and down it went to the 2nd deck below us. I wouldn't let anyone look over to see the damage. Security came and told us they were going to go thru their camera footage to see who it was. And they pointed to where the camera was. About 15 minutes later, after hearing nothing, we realized there was no camera. I felt bad though.
After the unspeakable embarrassing moment, i think i took out multiple tables at the sheraton. i just kept reaching for more tables to steady myself and they were all equally wobbly one leg round tables.

Millhouse said:
Chip, please tell the board again about your conversation with Mr and Mrs McNabb after the miami game (or was it the VT game)

Oh yeah, that's probably #2. It was after the Miami game, his final Dome game in 1998. Found his parents on the field. Congratulated them. And told them it was first rate baby making.

His dad smiled and said first time I've heard it put that way.

Yeah, problems. I've got them.

image.jpeg

Ok, I'll start...

this is not a dome story but it involves nachos and it was really embarrassing

my aunt was at our house the first time we tried microwave nachos. it was a big deal for me at the time. vcrs, microwaves, answering machines - all new

well the nachos didn't sit well. i released two noisy bursts of air but everyone was able to ignore it. it only served as foreshadowing before the longest fart of all time. it was so long that i started laughing before it was finished which only made the fart more volatile. my brother and sister started laughing next mid fart. my mother had enough time to say "who's doing that?!?" while it was still happening. my aunt managed to keep a poker face but i was so embarrassed

Oh yeah, that's probably #2. It was after the Miami game, his final Dome game in 1998. Found his parents on the field. Congratulated them. And told them it was first rate baby making.

His dad smiled and said first time I've heard it put that way.

Yeah, problems. I've got them.
I believe mrs mcnabb said "what?" after your first comment giving you the opportunity to change your approach. but you thought she really didn't hear you so you said it a second time.

Ok, I'll start...

My twin sons witnessed the entire affair from the second row of 311. They both said it was their second favorite dome moment next to the Duke Game.

Millhouse said:

As someone in a wheelchair I think this is totally hilarious. Life's too short to be bitter about a situation and not laugh