Your most embarrassing Dome moment... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your most embarrassing Dome moment...

These aren't tragically embarrassing but I think since it was my first visit to the Dome (a mere four days ago, actually) they will forever be burned into my memory.

First, as I said it was our first visit and from the moment we walked up to the Dome I was doing that touristy mouth hanging open, wide-eyed staring at everything ... thing. Not long after walking in we passed one of the first beer vendors and he jumped right in with the flattery sales tactic. It works on me almost every time. "Girl, you're Ultra-Fine so you need a Michelob Ultra." I didn't even process whether I like Mich Ultra or not...this was the Dome, I didn't even know how much it cost, "Honey, just pay him please, I need whatever he's selling me." Not really embarrassing per say but funny to me because I was so caught up in being there he probably could have sold me anything.

I know I'm not the only one with this story but upon leaving the Dome, I noticed the people in front of me (that were already outside) seemed to be being assaulted by a windstorm. I thought it was odd there was no rain with this terrible wind and I was kind of bummed we were going to have to walk around in impeding bad weather. When I finally got to walk out, I had no idea I would be practically sucked out of the Dome. I almost lost my purse, my hair was all over the place, and I was completely confused. On the other side stands my husband, laughing at me amongst a bunch of folks chasing their hats. Well played, husband, well played.

Actually, more embarrassing for me was asking everyone in our row if I could hold onto them while trying to navigate in/out. Most of the time I was already holding onto them before I got the sentence out but everyone was super nice. :)

Oh god, thinking about this still makes me cringe. 2013, we were playing Clemson. I was tanked. Heckled fans as they left early and then threw a pretzel. Fans walking out on our team early drives me insane, mixed with alchohal, I acted like a complete idiot.

I don't have an embarrassing Dome story, yet. There's always Friday.

Oh god, thinking about this still makes me cringe. 2013, we were playing Clemson. I was tanked. Heckled fans as they left early and then threw a pretzel. Fans walking out on our team early drives me insane, mixed with alchohal, I acted like a complete idiot.

In fairness, throwing Dome pretzels is probably the most appropriate use for them. Eating them certainly isn't.