Your Official ROSTER Thread | Syracusefan.com

Your Official ROSTER Thread

Curious: Is there a maximum number of walkons allowed? Seems like a bigger roster than previous years.
I'm guessing since we have a few less "wheelhouse" schollies, we get a few extra walk ons. Less 5'10 guys this year, believe it or not! And Frankie grew an inch at 6'5, make a Jerami Grant proud, to be certain. And at 6'10 Taurean "best initials in the universe" Thompson is our second tallest player and would have been the tallest since Fab "meet you at Chuck's" Melo. ;)

Linky
Tallest player in SU history. Bam.
Length from top to bottom, folks. Just click, gentlemen. And our dancing shoes will wear and tear.

Glad they finally published it. AWIII is listed as a G. I guess that settles the question of where he will be playing. Or not!!!

Glad they finally published it. AWIII is listed as a G. I guess that settles the question of where he will be playing. Or not!!!
Yep in all likelihood 4 "guards" who will play > 15 mins/game but only 2 forwards who will likely play > 15 mins per game. I have no clue how this season will shake out

Malachi was listed as a guard on last year's roster too, but still played the back line of the zone.

http://cuse.com/roster.aspx?roster=389&path=mbasket

And interestingly, they have Gbinije [who started every game at PG last season] listed as a forward.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Linky
Tallest player in SU history. Bam.
Length from top to bottom, folks. Just click, gentlemen. And our dancing shoes will wear and tear.
According to the published rosters, Lydon gained 13 pounds from last season. Frank Howard gained 15. Should help them both.

A little disappointed with Chukwu. He was listed at 226 pounds when he was a frosh at Providence, 226 pounds when he redshirted last season and 226 pounds this season. I hope someone made a mistake. Gaining 0 pounds over the course of two years is not good. Especially with access to the SU strength program.

According to the published rosters, Lydon gained 13 pounds from last season. Frank Howard gained 15. Should help them both.

A little disappointed with Chukwu. He was listed at 226 pounds when he was a frosh at Providence, 226 pounds when he redshirted last season and 226 pounds this season. I hope someone made a mistake. Gaining 0 pounds over the course of two years is not good. Especially with access to the SU strength program.

Someone quoted on another site the staff was not exactly happy with Chukwu's progress. What was posted may be completely unsubstantiated as far as I can tell. However, I would love to get any video or information on Chukwu to see how he's progressing. I was hoping our favorite rag would do a story on some of the returning players. I've suggested a couple of times. We shall see at some point. You can't coach height. You can't make yourself taller with weight lifting.

sutomcat said:
According to the published rosters, Lydon gained 13 pounds from last season. Frank Howard gained 15. Should help them both. A little disappointed with Chukwu. He was listed at 226 pounds when he was a frosh at Providence, 226 pounds when he redshirted last season and 226 pounds this season. I hope someone made a mistake. Gaining 0 pounds over the course of two years is not good. Especially with access to the SU strength program.

My son ran into Chukwu at the varsity. Said he was the tallest dude he's ever seen and he had to duck to get in the door. But, then jokingly said he looked 150 pounds. Skinny as hell.

He looks bigger just in what we can see in the portrait - you can even see stretch-marks on his left shoulder.

And now I've fallen into the trap of overanalyzing college basketball players' physiques on the internet. Super.

On the bright side, not one but two scholarship freshmen enrolled in real degree programs? Very cool. I'm excited to see this team play.

I saw him practice last season and he looked stronger than BMK even then. Definitely has the frame to get up to 250 pounds or more. Hard to believe he hasn't gained any weight since he arrived here.

But somehow BMK was able to avoid getting bigger while he was on the hill, so it is possible.

I saw him practice last season and he looked stronger than BMK even then. Definitely has the frame to get up to 250 pounds or more. Hard to believe he hasn't gained any weight since he arrived here.

But somehow BMK was able to avoid getting bigger while he was on the hill, so it is possible.

Sometimes, it is hard for those lanky beanpoles to gain weight. Chukwu looks wiry strong, but yeah--he needs to add some sand to the bucket.

The university meal plan made me obese in one year. I don't understand.

Last edited:

I'll take a taller, stronger BMK.

TT looks like a bad dude.
Tee, great thread.

TT's my sleeper this year. He looks physically ready and at 6'10 .. wow he would look good on the other side of Chukwu for a ridiculous front line (with Lydon playing the 3). Maybe a fantasy, but hey, JB says he can shoot it, and the alumni team was also impressed with him. Hopefully, he'll learn his zone assignments quickly .. would love to see him get minutes at the 4.

TT looks like a bad dude.
Tee, great thread.

TT's my sleeper this year. He looks physically ready and at 6'10 .. wow he would look good on the other side of Chukwu for a ridiculous front line (with Lydon playing the 3). Maybe a fantasy, but hey, JB says he can shoot it, and the alumni team was also impressed with him. Hopefully, he'll learn his zone assignments quickly .. would love to see him get minutes at the 4.
Agree with all of this.
TT looks like he's mad and going to play mad! That's the way (uh huh, uh huh) we like it!

I wish Chukwu and Coleman could switch their weights right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom