Your Official SU IUP Game Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU IUP Game Thread

I guess we know what Coleman's minutes will be...not many.

And honestly he probably shouldn't have many. His defense is beyond a liability. We can get his scoring elsewhere in the lineup. Give me PC and Lydon out there, Lydon at the 5 either brings in White or Battle.

The lack of passing concerns me a bit. Battle made some nice shots but he's rushed some of them, White I don't think passed the ball once, Howard made a few dumb passes. DC is still clueless on defense.

Plus side, Battle hit some nice shots. We run the floor extremely well. The press looks great and will only get better. I love watching Gillon bring the ball up. PC is really active.

That's a real concern with the starting lineup we fielded.

If Tyus Battle plays like this all year, he's a top 10 pick.

I know it's blasphemy, but he"is mannerisms remind me of a guy whose initials are MJ.

Not that the skill level is the same, but even his physical mannerisms on the court remind me of MJ.

It's early. He was injured for so long you can't really go by a few minutes. And he did score the first 3 points of the game

He played 649 minutes last year and practiced with the team for 5 months before last season. The oh lay defense is the problem, and that was before his injury too.

Rico looking active. Couple of lobs, one low post move he really didn't showcase last year. Certainly challenging shots, at least one block, swatted helping man to man defense early.
I meant the fuzz under the nose. ;)

At halftime, Gillon with 4 assists, looking like a more dynamic player than Frank, better able to get in the lane. Happy to see Frank make that18 footer before halftime. He also threw a nice alley oop to Roberson, I think it was.

Battle looks like a real player, and has made three 3's already. White hit a nice looking three, but started slowly. Glad to see him drive the ball a couple times and not just settle for threes.

Lydon has been OK so far, made a number of good defensive plays and is rebounding well. It's a game like this that shows how much it means to the team to have added a couple extra scorers late in the recruiting cycle. When the shot isn't falling, he doesn't have to force it.

Biggest surprise to many will be Thompson's play so far. He might turn out to be our best center by December. Does a lot of things well on the floor, very mobile compared to Coleman and Pikachu. I thought Pikachu was going to look a little more coordinated than he has shown so far.

The press has been really good for the first game of the season!

Haha my bad, didn't notice. But I thought I saw from one pic from practice that he had a faux hawk? Semi hawk? I'm an idiot. :)
Not really Tee. My joke was subtle.

I looked at Twitter and not only as of 6 days ago was Rico back but he has acquired friends. Huge sideburns.

OK wow that was wierd. Did you see that blow up between DC and JB there in the timeout. DC argued back at JB and I could see coach yell, "OK you're done" and called for PC.

OK wow that was wierd. Did you see that blow up between DC and JB there in the timeout. DC argued back at JB and I could see coach yell, "OK you're done" and called for PC.
Classic JB. Already in midseason form.

OK wow that was wierd. Did you see that blow up between DC and JB there in the timeout. DC argued back at JB and I could see coach yell, "OK you're done" and called for PC.[/QUOTE

Let's see what JB says at the presser about it. I'd be shocked if he didn't blow it off.

image.jpg
We have so many freaking options it's insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom