Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread

Let's keep it going fellas. This ain't Pitt this year. Ain't even half a Pitt.
Let's do it.
I like this match up (altho anything can happen on the road)! No point guard for pitt, whos going to stay in front of Gillon and Battle? I expect those two to drive it hard and often; If pitt packs it in against them hope they kick it out to the open shooters! On defense we gotta hit the boards hard obviously! Go Cuse

I like this match up (altho anything can happen on the road)! No point guard for pitt, whos going to stay in front of Gillon and Battle? I expect those two to drive it hard and often; If pitt packs it in against them hope they kick it out to the open shooters! On defense we gotta hit the boards hard obviously! Go Cuse
Completely agree. We got back into a few games already this year, driving to the basket. Even White has gotten there when he gets a quick first step and being over-played. Gillon and Battle have the ability and need to look for it - will open up Lydon, AW, Robey, TT. Attack this defense.

Let's keep it going fellas. This ain't Pitt this year. Ain't even half a Pitt.
Let's do it.
Not at all sure Pitt's problems stem from lack of talent.
This is the Stallings era.
For some reason they hired a coach who continually underachieved at Vanderbilt.
In any case...the Panthers need to be the Orange's pussycats.
It's payback time.

Not at all sure Pitt's problems stem from lack of talent.
This is the Stallings era.
For some reason they hired a coach who continually underachieved at Vanderbilt.
In any case...the Panthers need to be the Orange's pussycats.
It's payback time.
Most of that half a pitt comment I made was due to the coaching change so pretty sure we're saying the same thing.

Smart pick. He will score. It's the other guys we need to limit, ie johnson.
Johnson was cold vs. us in the dome - but he can get hot - and Young is a nightmare in the middle. I just hate Pitt so much. Hopefully we score because I'm not sure how well we'll be able to stop them

Which Pitt team shows up today? The one that beat Virginia or the one which has been hammered by everyone recently save BC? Last time we played we raced out to a 36-8 lead in the first half as we rained terror from beyond the 3 point line on a shell shocked Pitt team. While we had an incredibly impressive 30-2 run from that point forward, which with more than 10 minutes left in the first half, Pitt outscored us the rest of the way 54-39.

The difference was two fold. There was no way we were going to keep up the torrid 3 point shooting that we displayed in the first 8 minutes of the game and perhaps more importantly it was a stifling defense that propelled the team to that early lead. For the rest of the game the defense showed many of the flaws that have had us shaking our heads throughout the season.

I'm hoping that today we see a sustained defensive effort and limit the lapses we've been so prone to that make it so easy for the opposition to score on us at will. I think we win this one but it is the perfect "Trap Game" no doubt.

Which Pitt team shows up today? The one that beat Virginia or the one which has been hammered by everyone recently save BC? Last time we played we raced out to a 36-8 lead in the first half as we rained terror from beyond the 3 point line on a shell shocked Pitt team. While we had an incredibly impressive 30-2 run from that point forward, which with more than 10 minutes left in the first half, Pitt outscored us the rest of the way 54-39.

The difference was two fold. There was no way we were going to keep up the torrid 3 point shooting that we displayed in the first 8 minutes of the game and perhaps more importantly it was a stifling defense that propelled the team to that early lead. For the rest of the game the defense showed many of the flaws that have had us shaking our heads throughout the season.

I'm hoping that today we see a sustained defensive effort and limit the lapses we've been so prone to that make it so easy for the opposition to score on us at will. I think we win this one but it is the perfect "Trap Game" no doubt.
I don't think a trap game exists for this game or this season. It's Pitt - It's the Pete - we rarely if ever have success there. This team knows that any loss could be the nail in our coffin.

As far as the game itself, Pitt knows how to beat the zone - we got out so far infront in the first game that it was nearly impossible for them to comeback. Obviously we took our foot off the gas a little. I expect this one to be wire-to-wire. But i'd prefer not to get down double digits again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom