Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Leach the one who made Craig James' kid stay in a closet as punishment for something?

allegedly, per the Leach side, the kid had a concussion and they were just putting him in a quiet place. My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle, because Leach is a dbag and so is Craig James(not sure about his kid), so he was put in the quiet place as torture disguised as caring about him.

Who would want to live in Mississippi? Seriously. They are ranked 50th among all states in pretty much every category of anything positive.
When you're rich that all changes. They have crappy public schools? Send your kids to private school. Lots of crappy jobs. Who cares, he's making nearly 7 figures in a low overhead state. People living in shacks and trailers all over? Not him, gated community in a huge nicely appointed home.

I wonder if there were reasons why he changed his mind? $ and the SEC most likely but maybe his wife or family from there or he just felt more comfortable with Leach than he did with Dino? I'm not happy with what he did or went about doing things but it's his life and while he should have waited for a job he really wanted, he took the bird in hand (SU job) when one he may have dreamed about his whole life happened just after accepting the SU job?

Now Ottomets you could say I am making excuses :) There could be factors that we don't know about in play here that maybe SU had no way of changing or knowing.

Time to tighten the bootstraps and fix this.

All these things are true, and I could be missing tons of details that aren't really my business anyway.

But I'll stick with my assumed hot take: he's a grotesquely overpaid meathead bro who never learned business ethics or basic courtesy, and his bosses have never held him accountable. (And if the shoe were on the other foot, I don't think Wildhack or Babers would have any problem with it, unfortunately.)

College football sucks.

Isn't Leach the one who made Craig James' kid stay in a closet as punishment for something?

That never happened. Craig James lied. No players on the team could corroborate the event in question.

When you're rich that all changes. They have crappy public schools? Send your kids to private school. Lots of crappy jobs. Who cares, he's making nearly 7 figures in a low overhead state. People living in shacks and trailers all over? Not him, gated community in a huge nicely appointed home.

Do they have any good private schools in Mississippi? Seems that that'd be a hell of a tough lift in hiring good teachers and administrators (who don't make too much at the good private schools in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and sure wouldn't be insulated from everyday Mississippi problems in the way that the Delicate Genius Footbal Man might).

To be fair, Oxford's got that good literary history. But it's my hunch that the problems in the state run deeper than public schools for people in every income bracket.

When I traveled to the Caribbean, you get two blocks inland from your hotel and you see abject poverty. Didn’t like it. Of course Syracuse has its share of poverty but there is a middle class and it’s not so prominent and people have running water.

Doesn't Charlie Strong and Gilbert have a connection already? Didn't Gilbert go with him to Texas?

I like this guy!
He is a good coach.
He could be DC/DBs coach.
He knows Dino and doesn’t have a job now.
He can recruit OH/FL as well.
If I am Dino I call this guy he knows our division. He is in our cost range as well.

The guy took another gig, move on it happens. I’ve been on both sides of this. The original SU offer was prob nowhere near the amount he signed for at MSU. happens get over it and move on. These guys have to strike when the iron is hot.

That never happened. Craig James lied. No players on the team could corroborate the event in question.
In a phone call Leach said the following about James. As far as I'm concerned, this now applies to Arnett.

In a recent phone interview, Leach said of James: “You create your own karma. It looks like he might have created his. I think he’s a dishonest person and the sport is better off without him. And that’s pretty clear-cut.”

Does Arnett get to put SU DC on his resume? Minnesota states that Mark Coyle was AD at SU...for how long??

POS move to do it, and no justifying it. Hopefully these turds aren't raising children to be like them.

Oh they definitely are and then blaming everyone else when their kid acts like an entitled brat or they justify their kids behavior as okay because they don’t see anything wrong with it.

I’m curious if Arnett will get upset when he gets a valuable recruit to commit and then has him flip within a month of signing day?

Doesn't Charlie Strong and Gilbert have a connection already? Didn't Gilbert go with him to Texas?

They were both at USF as well. Could be an issue if Gilbert left due to a difference in philosophy.

All these things are true, and I could be missing tons of details that aren't really my business anyway.

But I'll stick with my assumed hot take: he's a grotesquely overpaid meathead bro who never learned business ethics or basic courtesy, and his bosses have never held him accountable. (And if the shoe were on the other foot, I don't think Wildhack or Babers would have any problem with it, unfortunately.)

College football sucks.
Your last sentence is right on - our nose is out of joint because it was done to us rather than by us.

Time to move on from this clown because that’s what he is imo. Some of you are making this a ft job here of giving his name attention. He’s irrelevant now.

The guy took another gig, move on it happens. I’ve been on both sides of this. The original SU offer was prob nowhere near the amount he signed for at MSU. happens get over it and move on. These guys have to strike when the iron is hot.
Exactly, couldn’t agree more, in today’s society it’s cool to be a dishonest money grubbing douche bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom