Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hurts. Whether we were a long term or not, optics on this resemble a kick to the jimmy, for the 2020 team and the University. I was so fired up about the 3-3-5 and how our pieces fit this system. Dino made a great move, imo, in shifting to this D. Football is about overcoming adversity. Question is...what's the next move?

People putting this on Dino and JW - what else is there for them to do?
Guy accepted the job and then bolted for another offer. I’d rather lose him now than a year into his tenure putting his system in.

For all I’m concerned, can’t wait til he’s the next in a long line that flame out at MSU. See ya later guy. Won’t be a fan.

Go get our next guy. F Zak Arnett.
Simple. Get a signed contract. Offer sheet is a joke.

I would assume we’re not married to the 3-3-5.

Not saying we won’t use it, but at this point you just got to get your guy at DC.

Well, it better be a D that doesn’t require stud DTs or LBs because we’ve shown we can’t recruit those types in recent years. I think that’s what Dino was saying when he said we need to evolve.

Explain why.

What is their ceiling in the SEC considering who they play annually? They are bottom feeders in their conference with no path to competing. There’s a path to becoming an elite defense in the ACC. Not happening vs Bama, LSU etc.

This sucks and is frustrating but this is just our reality until we keep progressing as a program. I don't think anyone on our end did anything wrong or done anything different to change the outcome. I don't know what we can say is equal or better to any one of the below Miss St accomplishments, let alone all of them, and they play in the toughest division in the country and we play in the worst P5 conference.
  • They were #1 in the country for a few weeks in 2014
  • Last year Miss St defense was one of the best in the country with 3 1st round draft picks
  • They've been to a bowl game the last 10 seasons
  • MS is in the middle of a great recruiting area and most MS kids are encouraged to stay home
Miss St is a better job. He's obviously just looking for a stepping stone and Miss St is a better stepping stone. And if you're hitching your cart to a horse Leach has shown more than Dino as a head coach.

While I agree, Syracuse doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation as a place to live either. I grew up in Syracuse & love the area but the national perception is that Syracuse is a frozen rust-belt wasteland.
While Starkville is The Garden of Eden

If I am a Mississippi State fan I am questioning this. Yes he knows the system but he had Long to lean on. Also he never had to implement the system and figure out how the roster fits into the right spots. Additionally he never coached even as an assistant in the P5.

At SU all of that is ok, we can live with growing pains. We just need to head in the right direction. But the SEC is big time and seems like a big jump for a guy so young. Mississippi State fans wanted to run Mullen out of town. They ran Moorehead out of town in two years. It will take time to change systems, which they do not have the patience for. He is already on the hit seat from day 1.

People putting this on Dino and JW - what else is there for them to do?
Guy accepted the job and then bolted for another offer. I’d rather lose him now than a year into his tenure putting his system in.

For all I’m concerned, can’t wait til he’s the next in a long line that flame out at MSU. See ya later guy. Won’t be a fan.

Go get our next guy. F Zak Arnett.

People putting this on Dino or JW are idiots. Or babies. Or both.

It sucks but this stuff happens to us. I’m sure I’ll smile if I see MSU give up 50 on the ticker, but I’d rather just forget about this unprofessional clown altogether.

LOL in all seriousness once Miss State offered he probably though to himself, Dino is in year 5 coming off a losing season if things go south this year how much time does he have left. Leach meanwhile is coming in after Miss St just paid a fortune to buy him out and give him a new contract, he's getting at least 4 years unless the team is a total mess and you know they won't be.

Leach didn’t win much his first three years. So it could be a mess and they will look for a scapegoat since he is $afe.

BTW "Syracuse is a better job than Mississippi State" is a take you will find on Syracusefan.com and nowhere else.
This is so god d@&$ relative. We have come off Very bleak period in our football history. If you asked what was the better job in 1998 most people would say Syracuse. Don’t give me the damn weather. Oregon the weather sucks PSU Ohio State Michigan the weather sucks and we play in a fricking Dome. I am so sick of the “ we’re Syracuse we suck attitude , it’s BS

SU matched the Mississippi State offer and he left anyways per Axe.

Hey SU fans, it's Brent Axe. Breaking news to report. Per Nate Mink, Zach Arnett, who was hired by Syracuse 11 days ago to be the new defensive coordinator for Dino Babers, reneged on his agreement with SU by accepting an offer from Mississippi State on Wednesday afternoon. SU AD

John Wildhack said SU then increased its initial offer to match the new offer. Arnett decided to leave anyway, saying he couldn't pass up the chance to run an SEC defense. As a private institution, Syracuse does not release the financials of its contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom