05-06 WMU Offensive Stats | Syracusefan.com

05-06 WMU Offensive Stats

CUSU

Starter
Yes, George Mcdonald has been an OC before just to clear that up.

Was the offense bad Saturday? Yea, but I think it will improve.

Here are some stats to what GMac's previous offenses have done they are OK.

Just take into account that he had Greg Jennings to work with in 2005 and here is his specific stat line.

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
JENNINGS, Greg 98 1259 12.8 14 89 114.5

2005 - http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=190602

Points Per Game... 32.2
RUSHING YARDAGE... 1605
Average Per Game...... 145.9
PASSING YARDAGE... 2712
Average Per Game...... 246.5
Overall Per Game...... 392.5

2006 - http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=591208

not bad on points per game. Still only ran about 800 plays compared to SU last year running close to 1200

Yes, George Mcdonald has been an OC before just to clear that up.

Was the offense bad Saturday? Yea, but I think it will improve.

Here are some stats to what GMac's previous offenses have done.

Just take into account that he had Greg Jennings to work with in 2005 and here is his specific stat line.

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
JENNINGS, Greg 98 1259 12.8 14 89 114.5 Second year he fell off on scoring and his rushing yardage per game is pretty poor especially in year two. Im not impressed

2005 - http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=190602

Points Per Game... 32.2
RUSHING YARDAGE... 1605
Average Per Game...... 145.9
PASSING YARDAGE... 2712
Average Per Game...... 246.5
Overall Per Game...... 392.5

2006 - http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=591208

If McDonald hasn't learned more since 06 he shouldn't be coaching. I think we're going to be fine offensively.

Completely agree. Hopefully we can get into a groove this weekend.

Just throwing this out there. If McDonald was an OC in 06 with these stats, what took him so long to get another shot at an OC position? I realize it's the first game with a new group of kids and a lot can be corrected, but some of the mistakes I saw should not have been made by someone who has done this before. That's what has me concerned the most.

Completely agree. Hopefully we can get into a groove this weekend.

I hope so too...and Northwestern is a funky defensive team. They will give up points/yards but go for turnovers as well and do a decent job of it. They are going to watch Allens eyes along with the db's/lb's flowing with the receivers. We NEED a good game out of our o-line Saturday night.

Just throwing this out there. If McDonald was an OC in 06 with these stats, what took him so long to get another shot at an OC position? I realize it's the first game with a new group of kids and a lot can be corrected, but some of the mistakes I saw should not have been made by someone who has done this before. That's what has me concerned the most.

I could be wrong but I don't think he ran this type of offense (hurry up) before.

I hope so too...and Northwestern is a funky defensive team. They will give up points/yards but go for turnovers as well and do a decent job of it. They are going to watch Allens eyes along with the db's/lb's flowing with the receivers. We NEED a good game out of our o-line Saturday night.

If our O Line plays better and we can be more successful in run. I just hope we take a few more shots down field and across the middle. Have to keep them honest.

He left WMU for the Cleveland Browns as a position coach that seems like an upward move especially if at the time he wanted to be in the NFL. Unfortunately he left for the Browns who were terrible and when the staff got fired he came back to college. I don't think he was immediately going to find a good OC job after a few years and just being let go so he took a job as a WR coach and Minnesota, until he left for Miami WR coach where he was also the passing game coordinator . That sounds like a normal progression to Syracuse OC to me.

If our O Line plays better and we can be more successful in run. I just hope we take a few more shots down field and across the middle. Have to keep them honest.

That's what worked last year as we did quite well long with catches or penalties vs their DBacks. I'd like to control the clock on them to keep them out of any type of rhythm. This is where Allen has to recoginize what D is being played and take advantage of it...as long as SU has the right parts out there on offense at the time.

Stop with the logic, it confuses the kids here.

He needs his mentor, (which I can't figure out right now, he's bounced around so much) to call him and tell him what to do.

Coaching Offense is ridiculously tough, the best athletes are usually on D and you can coach most of them just by saying ' go tackle the guy with the ball'...so he needs some outside help.

Hackett had Marrone, who was not only a 'Football Adult', but an O guy to help out. Plus, when he went home, he likely had his Dad sitting at the kitchen table with a beer and an incredible amount of advice to learn from.

At end of the day, I'm more upset with SS and TGD than anyone else right now.

Stop with the logic, it confuses the kids here.

He needs his mentor, (which I can't figure out right now, he's bounced around so much) to call him and tell him what to do.

Coaching Offense is ridiculously tough, the best athletes are usually on D and you can coach most of them just by saying ' go tackle the guy with the ball'...so he needs some outside help.

Hackett had Marrone, who was not only a 'Football Adult', but an O guy to help out. Plus, when he went home, he likely had his Dad sitting at the kitchen table with a beer and an incredible amount of advice to learn from.

At end of the day, I'm more upset with SS and TGD than anyone else right now.

You mean Bill Cubit. I think Shafer made a run at him after he got canned at WMU but Illinois wound up with him as their OC.

Here's whats been eating me the last few days around here: It was Penn State. We lost by 6. Had a chance to win it at the end.

I'm not in the moral wins category of fan - but - there has been a massive over reaction aimed at MacDonald. The results were not perfect, but for too many fans it was like Grob was on the bench again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom