armory

All American
... again.

Just rattling off a few stats;

- #20 in points/game
- #7 in blocks/game
- #1 in steals/game
- #31 in assists/game
- #241 in turnovers/game (#104 in AST:TO ratio)
- #50 in FG%
- #281 in 3-pt%
- #154 in FT%

(... and get this...)

- #12 in rebounds/game

Just rattling off a few stats...

- #20 in points/game
- #7 in blocks/game
- #1 in steals/game
- #31 in assists/game
- #241 in turnovers/game (#104 in AST:TO ratio)
- #50 in FG%
- #281 in 3-pt%
- #154 in FT%

(... and get this...)

- #12 in rebounds/game
Good stuff, especially the rebounding part. People will say rebound numbers don't matter, but come on. This clearly matters. We are a better defensive rebounding team than last year and less second effort putbacks from opposing teams.

And that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.

The rebounding we are getting from our guards is making a world of difference.

Triche is @ 3.5 RPG compared to last season's 2.4 RPG... meanwhile, MCW is leading the team in rebounding!!

The rebounding we are getting from our guards is making a world of difference.

Big time. We just need to cut the turnovers down. Too many lob passes are being made (not sure if its for the highlight real or just because) but we need to start making better decisions with the ball. Dribble drive, penetrate and kick out or dish. Should be easy pickins.

I love how MCW stays back to grab boards and doesn't sit at halfcout waiting for a pass as soon as the other team takes a shot... like a former SU guard we all knew and loved last year...

I love how MCW stays back to grab boards and doesn't sit at halfcout waiting for a pass as soon as the other team takes a shot... like a former SU guard we all knew and loved last year...
Yep, true PGs go get the ball rather than cheating up-court waiting for an outlet, so having a true PG that is also 6'6'' is paying all kinds of dividends we're not used to seeing.

Costs us some transition points, but makes up for it in fewer 2nd chances for the opponent. And with a PG that can run an offense and create for teammates, we won't need to rely on so much transition offense. 'Stall ball' won't work as well against us this year.

Yep, true PGs go get the ball rather than cheating up-court waiting for an outlet, so having a true PG that is also 6'6'' is paying all kinds of dividends we're not used to seeing.

Especially given the fact that the zone leads to an increased amount of outside shots, which naturally leads to an increased amount of long rebounds. I've always thought that the reason for us being outrebounded often was more due to the guards' inability/unwillingness to help out with rebounding versus the tired excuse of the zone makes it hard to account for guys to block out.

Big time. We just need to cut the turnovers down. Too many lob passes are being made (not sure if its for the highlight real or just because) but we need to start making better decisions with the ball. Dribble drive, penetrate and kick out or dish. Should be easy pickins.
Agree. It's almost a high risk-reward with MCW right now. I think, especially in early stages in the game, he wants everything to be an easy bucket. Announcer even said they are trying for the home run every time. This is when we were down early yesterday.

Good news I took from it, is that MCW looks like he's aware of himself. Couple of recent games in which JB gave him the crook eye, maybe even stink eye :) But it looks like he got it, and knows when he is getting too greedy or careless.

He's so exciting to watch and makes everyone better, and I have a good feeling about this team "settling down" soon. DC2 already looks more comfortable in his role, and I think MCW/Triche/Cooney will settle down, protect the ball, maybe at the cost of a couple of alley oops.

Especially given the fact that the zone leads to an increased amount of outside shots, which naturally leads to an increased amount of long rebounds. I've always thought that the reason for us being outrebounded often was more due to the guards' inability/unwillingness to help out with rebounding versus the tired excuse of the zone makes it hard to account for guys to block out.
Definitely agree, also much easier when at a distance to visualize what direction the ball will deflect in for rebounds, as opposed to the Center usually getting caught flat-footed without that perspective.

Defensive rebounding has been an incredible improvement this year. 74th in the country from like 340th last year. We probably won't finish there, but that will go a long way to putting the defense in the top 10.

Anybody have some rebounding % rankings rather than gross rebounding statistics which are flawed for comparing teams.

Obviously we are rebounding well -- the numbers might even be better on a % basis, because alot of our defenisve possessions do not result in rebounds (due to steals and blocks)

Its good to see because it was really bad last year

KenPom has us rated as the second best defence in the country. Adjusted for opposition, we are giving up 84 points per 100 possessions... second best in the country behind Louisville.

Anybody have some rebounding % rankings rather than gross rebounding statistics which are flawed for comparing teams.

Obviously we are rebounding well -- the numbers might even be better on a % basis, because alot of our defenisve possessions do not result in rebounds (due to steals and blocks)

Its good to see because it was really bad last year

Defensive rebounding% is 74th in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom