#1 Seed Prediction Thread | Syracusefan.com

#1 Seed Prediction Thread

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Post your #1 seed predictions for the NCAA tournament. I'll dig this up on selection sunday.

Syracuse
Kentucky
Duke
Kanss

You forgot Missouri. Kentucky probably gets the over-all number 1. I like our chances if we play according to our ability. Not like yesterday.BTW . I would like to see Southerland play more with instructions to concentrate on rebounding and defense. Christmas is a year away from ant meaningful contribution. MCW needs more time to provide competence an confidence in March should he be needed.SUball

Kentucky
SU
Michigan St.
Duke

Yo
u forgot Missouri. Kentucky probably gets the over-all number 1. I like our chances if we play according to our ability. Not like yesterday.BTW . I would like to see Southerland play more with instructions to concentrate on rebounding and defense. Christmas is a year away from ant meaningful contribution. MCW needs more time to provide competence an confidence in March should he be needed.SUball

The Missouri that just lost at home to K-State and has to play its next game vs. KU at the Phog? They're going to be a 1 seed?

The Missouri that just lost at home to K-State and has to play its next game vs. KU at the Phog? They're going to be a 1 seed?
Don't confuse Cali with current events.

Kentucky
Syracuse
Michigan St
Duke

But there is alot of time for it to change. I suspect there can be alot of debate even at 5:00 in Selection Sunday this year.

Syracuse (overall #1 seed) - East
Kentucky - South
Kansas - Midwest
North Carolina - West

Cheers,
Neil

I expect Kansas to beat Mizzou this weekend. So I'll go:

Kentucky
Syracuse
Kansas
Duke

SU and UK are the only 2 locks. I expect Duke to beat UNC and MSU to drop 1 of their last 2 games. If that happens and KU/Duke don't flame out in their respective tournaments, I'd expect to see this happen.

Honestly though, I think a lot of teams would rather take #2 and stay closer to home then get shipped out to Phoenix.

Interesting question.

Kentucky (lock)
Syracuse (near-lock barring a collapse)

That leaves two #1 seeds among three conferences, Big 10, Big 12, and ACC.

Kansas is a #1 if they finish well.
MSU is a #1 if they finish well.

If either Kansas or MSU do not finish well, then the ACC champion will be #1 if it is UNC or Duke.

So if I had to name four right now, it would be UK, SU, KU, and MSU.