#1 Seeds - Who do you got? | Syracusefan.com

#1 Seeds - Who do you got?

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
upload_2017-3-6_22-5-8.png

Is it fair to say that all of Villanova, Kansas and UNC are locks?

Or if UNC loses in the ACC quarters could they lose that #1 seed? It would seem unlikely.

So that leaves one spot.
- Does Gonzaga lock it up with a WCC title?

- Oregon only plays one of Arizona / UCLA in the P12 tourney? That may hold them back.
- Or if UCLA wins the Pac12, and likely get 2 big wins in the process do they jump in the #1. But if UCLA wins the P12, but one of Zona or Oregon is upset first, I don't think they can do enough to even think about it.

UCLA gets hurt "as of now" because it only has 5 top 50 wins, and is 5-3. But if it gets to 5-2 in top 25 games, it has a better case.

You are free to turn this into a Gonzaga Sucks / so overrated thread if you wish. But please consider whether they will be a #1 seed in spite of that first.

I think the 4 in control of their destiny are Nova, Kansas, UNC and Oregon. If all 4 make it to their conference finals - they will all get 1s. If UNC or Oregon bow out early and Gonzaga wins the WCC - the Zags probably take the place of that losing team.

I don't think anyone else has a shot.

I think Nova and Kansas are locks unless they get blown out in their 1st conference tournament game.

I think the 4 in control of their destiny are Nova, Kansas, UNC and Oregon. If all 4 make it to their conference finals - they will all get 1s. If UNC or Oregon bow out early and Gonzaga wins the WCC - the Zags probably take the place of that losing team.

I don't think anyone else has a shot.

I think Nova and Kansas are locks unless they get blown out in their 1st conference tournament game.

I am certain Oregon won't get it if it loses the P12 final. They play on the weak side of the P-12 bracket. (Since the Pac-12 is only a 3 team league), whomever the #1 seed by default is on the weak side.

Beating P12 Chump, Utah/USC, and losing in the P12 final will not get you a #1 seed. If Oregon wins it has an outside shot, but I think it's much more likely to be UCLA if they win the P12 tourney and get to take out 2 elite teams in the process.

That is all these 3 teams have to hope for -- that they can play each other. Beating other teams in that conference is essentially meaningless. No P5 conference has been close to as bad in the middle and the end in the last dozen years.

Last edited:
Kansas, Unc, Nova, Gonzaga if they win the wcc, if not I would give it to Ucla if they win the Pac 12.

i dont see ucla getting is as most have them in the 3-4 seed range currently. I realistically have only 3 for the last 1 seed: gonzaga,Oregon and Louisville(currently in that order)

Jarring to see that we have more Top 50 wins that UCLA who is in fairly well locked into the 2 line and we are fighting for the last spot in the tournament. Amazing what 2-4 hideous losses will do for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom