$10 Holiday Ticket Question - Dome Help. | Syracusefan.com

$10 Holiday Ticket Question - Dome Help.

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
I went to the VT game last night with my wife and mother. Being an SU grad student, I bought tickets using the $10 holiday promotion which cto outlined in the sticky post above. I sat in section 103 and thoroughly enjoyed a great game.

In front of me was a husband and wife from Troy, PA, who brought about 75+ high school kids (basketball team - freshman, JV and Varsity) and another 5-10 parent chaperones with them as part of their basketball season fundraiser. The kids came and spent a whole day of it, went to Destiny USA in the afternoon, did some shopping, and all came to the game that night. They told me that SU charged them $30 each for the seats, despite the fact that when they bought the majority of the tickets, the $10 promotion was active. They mentioned that no one told them about the promotion.

I suggested to the husband that he visit the guest services office during the second half to plead his case, which he did, but to no avail. He was given the generic @dometix e-mail address and was told to e-mail someone there and they'd see what they could do.

I mentioned this board and suggested that I'd ask to see if anyone more connected than me would offer more advice. I think it's pretty shameful of SU to charge them $30 per seat, considering that they brought about 90 people, and would clearly been eligible for the $10 promotion, as 75 of the 90 in their party were students.

sutomcat orange79 Cheriehoop rrlbees any ideas?

He could start with a phone call at 1-800-Dome-Tix and ask for the ticket manager.

for a group that size they should have called anyway, but SU has to be careful when getting tickets to potential recruits.

He could start with a phone call at 1-800-Dome-Tix and ask for the ticket manager.

Good call. I also suggested an email to Wildhack.

My daughter was told she could only buy 10 tickets/game. She thought it was 10 tickets period throughout the break, so she was delighted. At the very least he should have been able to buy 10 tickets for $10. I would suggest he keep trying. Be charming and winsome. That often works for me.

Good luck!

This is bad. They've promoted this deal for a while now and just because someone from Pennsylvania never saw it, they pay 3x more per seat? Hope he calls the box office and gets a refund because that is awful.

Even worse if when they bought the tickets they got group seating and the group ticket discount, and no one told them of the $10 deal with IDs

Shame

This is bad. They've promoted this deal for a while now and just because someone from Pennsylvania never saw it, they pay 3x more per seat? Hope he calls the box office and gets a refund because that is awful.

Even worse if when they bought the tickets they got group seating and the group ticket discount, and no one told them of the $10 deal with IDs

Shame

Yup. Which is why I said something when they told me that they'd brought an entire high school hoops team with them.

Yup. Which is why I said something when they told me that they'd brought an entire high school hoops team with them.

I just can't believe no one in the sales office or box office said anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom