10 myths about Selection Sunday from ncaa.com | Syracusefan.com

10 myths about Selection Sunday from ncaa.com

10 myths about the NCAA’s involvement College Basketball

I'm beginning to believe the NCAA is really the PSU AD.

60 of the 68 teams selected are no-brainers. All the chatter and attention is who the last 8 teams are that get selected since there is little to distinguish them or the next 4-5 on top of them. I'm sure if you knew the REAL truth to how they are selected it would make your hair stand on end. (Certain Commissioners have the "juice" and the good old boys are connected).
Given the state of our program looks like another irrelevant Selection Sunday in our future. Which would make 3 times in 4 years. Which just a few years ago would have been unthinkable.

60 of the 68 teams selected are no-brainers. All the chatter and attention is who the last 8 teams are that get selected since there is little to distinguish them or the next 4-5 on top of them. I'm sure if you knew the REAL truth to how they are selected it would make your hair stand on end. (Certain Commissioners have the "juice" and the good old boys are connected).
Given the state of our program looks like another irrelevant Selection Sunday in our future. Which would make 3 times in 4 years. Which just a few years ago would have been unthinkable.
Mostly every single bracket has us in and we excellent peripherals/metrics. Let's get to halfway through the ACC schedule before we eliminate ourselves from the bubble :rolleyes:

I think there is some inconsistency from committee in terms of what they find important from year to year. I also think a bigger problem is that some fans don't want to hear the general principles they say over and over, are not up to date, dismiss key factors that matter and instead say we were screwed or a victim of some bigger plot.

But the Selection of teams is not the mass conspiracy you suggest. The Bracket Matrix history helps with seeing that, because that is the external consensus. You don't see choas or mass outliers good and bad each year. The teams that are more commonly on the Surprise-In or Surprise-Out are the mid-majors. Those are the hardest teams to assess. The biggest surprises in recent years have been Tulsa and Iona... not the blue bloods.

I really don't see a trend of shenanigans here. If the last 8 teams were picked on other matters there would be much more noise.

From the article:

Conference affiliation and the conference's RPI are not part of the decision-making process. In essence, teams are viewed as independents by the committee

And then:

Non-conference games are huge in the evaluation process

So teams are viewed as independents but non conference games are really important. I wonder how they know which games are non conference games then.

Mostly every single bracket has us in and we excellent peripherals/metrics. Let's get to halfway through the ACC schedule before we eliminate ourselves from the bubble :rolleyes:

I just want to clarify if that smiley face indicates sarcasm in that post or not. I dont want to thank it if it means the opposite of what I think. That would be dereliction of duty.

there is absolutely no homemade crust subliminal marinara sauce advertising yummy toppings during NCAA mozzarella cheese selection sunday. papa johns