#10 Texas has 14 points at half time against Oklahoma tonight... | Syracusefan.com

#10 Texas has 14 points at half time against Oklahoma tonight...

Wow. (Sooners up 33-14 at the Half)
23 point deficit now for the tenth ranked team at home.

I was at the game.

Good golly, Rick Barnes cannot coach offense to save his life.

leftytg said:
I was at the game.

Prior to that game what was the atmosphere like. Always discouraged when the football first schools have a decent hoops team in a big game and the arena is either not sold out, quiet or both. Understandably the Longhorn fans had every reason to be quiet tonight.

Prior to that game what was the atmosphere like. Always discouraged when the football first schools have a decent hoops team in a big game and the arena is either not sold out, quiet or both. Understandably the Longhorn fans had every reason to be quiet tonight.

The announcers mentioned that Texas fans are a wine and cheese crowd during the broadcast. I had heard UNC basketball fans being called that but didn't realize Texas fans were.

Cheriehoop said:
The announcers mentioned that Texas fans are a wine and cheese crowd during the broadcast. I had heard UNC basketball fans being called that but didn't realize Texas fans were.

I watched about 2 minutes of that game and that's the impression I got. But again it was already 29-10...was there a time Texas or OU had decent home crowds? I thought they did in the 80's and 90's.. It seems like only Kansas, K ST and Okie St hoops fans exist in the big 12...and a then bunch of fan bases to focused on football recruiting to care about anything else.

This was the second time I have watched Texas this year, and I cannot believe that they were ranked #10. Beyond the top 2 or 3 teams, ollege basketball is truly wide open this year. Syracuse can beat alot of teams if they play to their potential. They can also lose to alot of teams if they don't. I think they will continue to improve and make some noise this year.

Was listening to the Nebraska-Iowa game last night some. The same Nebraska team that people were hyping at the beginning of the season. They lost by 11. Another highly over-rated team.

1st half score should been even worse. (i was kinda hoping texas wouldn't hit double digits )
second half the sooners never took their foot off the gas . no stall ball til the final 2 minutes when texas had already basically conceded the game not even fouling.

I was at the game.

Rick would definitely not be my choice if I had to win a game to save my life. But my first preference is that my life not be riding on the result of a basketball game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom