1000 wins VS 900 wins? | Syracusefan.com

1000 wins VS 900 wins?

NorSyr66

All Conference
Seen comment yesterday where readers are wondering if Syracuse will honor Jim Boeheim again when he reaches 900 wins? Since we now have two scorecards (1) 972 wins and (2) 861 wins, he will obviously reach 1000 wins on scorecard one before he reaches 900 wins on scorecard two. Looks like opportunity for all kinds of celebrations sometime next year!

I really don't see why the University would celebrate 900 again. It would seem hokie to me as well as going along with the NCAA way of thinking. It is obvious that JB and the University do not agree with the NCAA

We can always say "1000 basketball team wins while as head coach of Syracuse."

The wins still apply to the basketball team. Loophole?

We should celebrate 1000 wins and make a HUGE spectacle of it. Rub it in the NCAA's faces. T shirts should be made, etc. JB deserves to have that day and this community should ensure that he has it.
I will be pissed if the university does not celebrate the heck out of 1000 wins. The NCAA can do whatever they want. The university should do what's right for JB.

I don't think so. They are wiped off the books completely. It's complete .

you play by the rules. you can gripe or parse meanings but as of now the wins are vacated.
that's my understanding anyways. and i'm sure it kills JB. he is/was always about the W.

Celebrate all milestones as if no wins had been vacated. Ultimately they will be officially restored. If the pedophile-enabler and his school got their wins back, surely JB and SU will get theirs back as well.

I don't think so. They are wiped off the books completely. It's complete .
I will be pissed if the university does not celebrate the heck out of 1000 wins. The NCAA can do whatever they want. The university should do what's right for JB.
Syracuse is still credited with 1,920 wins in the NCAA official record book.

I'm pretty sure a certain school in Lexington celebeated a certain coaches 500th win when they should not have.

Syracuse is still credited with 1,920 wins in the NCAA official record book.

Really? How can that be? The NCAA says Syracuse won games with "ineligible " players and still counts the wins while saying they don't count for the coach who was coaching? I think that is mistaken.

you play by the rules. you can gripe or parse meanings but as of now the wins are vacated.
that's my understanding anyways. and i'm sure it kills JB. he is/was always about the W.

JB is all about the experience of winning. I don't think he cares one bit about the wins being vacated.

If Paterno can get his wins reinstated, then there is no case to vacate any one else's wins. JB will get his wins back one day, probably after he retires.

I think they officially vacated 101 wins. That means we could celebrate JB's 1000th win one game and the 900th win the next game. I think the University should do that. "Honor" both totals. We can just say we were trying to cover ourselves in case they ever do decide to restore the wins. Would hate to have them restored and miss the 1000 win celebration.

Really? How can that be? The NCAA says Syracuse won games with "ineligible " players and still counts the wins while saying they don't count for the coach who was coaching? I think that is mistaken.
Maybe they update their official record books with the same speed as they clear the eligibility of African players.

cnxht.jpg

OrlandoCuse said:

1000 losses by opponents of teams that played against JB coached teams. That's the idiocy of this penalty. Official NCAA records now have more cumulative losses than wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom