11/19 turnovers were from three 4th year players | Syracusefan.com

11/19 turnovers were from three 4th year players

2-3zone

2nd String
Rak, Cooney and Mike G. had 11 turnovers

This team is not talented enough to overcome bad games from the veteran players

2-3zone said:
Rak, Cooney and Mike G. had 11 turnovers This team is not talented enough to overcome bad games from the veteran players

Glad we're pointing out that not just the freshmen made mistakes.

2-3zone said:
Rak, Cooney and Mike G. had 11 turnovers This team is not talented enough to overcome bad games from the veteran players

Rak with 6 was the problem there.

Any turnovers are problems, but the worst were long, telegraphed backcourt passes that led to easy steals and run-outs. Cooney & G were both guilty. .

Rak, Cooney and Mike G. had 11 turnovers

This team is not talented enough to overcome bad games from the veteran players

Actually, it is.

Despite all those turnovers, we mounted a 10 pt second half comeback and had the ball TWICE, down 1 in the last 25 seconds.

And the last two turnovers, which prevented us from at least attempting a game-winning shot, were committed by the frosh, not vets.

I love this team (which isn't saying much 'cause I love them all) and I think this team is going to have a really bumpy road but will be a much better team in March than it is today...

They are all inexperienced in these rolls. When has Rakeem had a chance to learn how to pass out of the double team? None of our guys seemed to know what to do when Rak was doubled. This is easily fixable.

Cooney and Mike's passes that turned into run outs were big no no's. They will be shown but again Cooney is a shooter and trying to be a bit of a playmaker off the bounce its new to him and not a strength. Mike is a slasher trying to be a lead guard even last year Ennis had the reigns 95% of the time.

No doubt the turnovers where not limited to the new guys but I think most of these are pretty fixable things and good learning points for the players.

Actually, it is.

Despite all those turnovers, we mounted a 10 pt second half comeback and had the ball TWICE, down 1 in the last 25 seconds.

And the last two turnovers, which prevented us from at least attempting a game-winning shot, were committed by the frosh, not vets.

I love this team (which isn't saying much 'cause I love them all) and I think this team is going to have a really bumpy road but will be a much better team in March than it is today...
Yes. That is both the most encouraging and discouraging fact about it. In spite of the turnover festival we could have seized the win with one good play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom