14 for 30 from 3 seems pretty good. | Syracusefan.com

14 for 30 from 3 seems pretty good.

djcon57

Living Legend
Not talking about some player on another team that left either!

That would be our very own Judah Mintz, whom many on this board prob including myself would cringe when he'd shoot from 3 last year.

Props to Judah for the improvement from 3.

He has shot better than we can hope.. Teams give him the shot, and he takes it when he gets set, then shoot it.. But he also has to realize when he isn't under control his range is limited and he cant force them.

His misses were ugly short, but thats fine if guys need to push out on him more then go by them.

That would be our very own Judah Mintz, whom many on this board prob including myself would cringe when he'd shoot from 3 last year.

I can’t imagine where we would be without his shooting this season. He’s been great from there.

It's a bit of a weird looking shot, but if it works for him, go for it young man.

Yeah, that's a game changer when he can keep the D honest with his 3 pt shot. Also, another 3pt threat outside Bell (and JT to a degree) is just what we need! Hopefully he won't get over confident with the shot and force it. Last night's game he seemed to take good shots from outside while the first few games he didn't as much.

It's a bit of a weird looking shot, but if it works for him, go for it young man.
He keeps hitting and they will guard him tighter and he can really maximize his ability to drive more.

He shot like 45% from 3 on somewhat low volume in HS. He’s always been a good shooter, just had a rough first few months adjusting to college. That’s all.

I can’t imagine where we would be without his shooting this season. He’s been great from there.
Next season we will be without his shooting and JJ could be his replacement.

Yes very impressive in his last game. He recognized that the officials were making it a point of emphasis to not call fouls in favor of him and he was able to score in another way. Don't think he would have been able to do this last year.

Agreed, but the next step is increasing the situations in which he can be a consistent 3 maker. Right now it seems he's only hitting the set 3s.

9 games played. over a third of those treys (5) were 1 game. good %. now let's see some consistency.

9 games played. over a third of those treys (5) were 1 game. good %. now let's see some consistency.
Even if you back out his 5 of 7 game, he was hitting 36%

Opponents have to respect him even if he didn't get crazy hot. But you can't ignore Mintz best games, just like you can't ignore his worst.

Also, I bet if you ignored Babe Ruth's best 11% of his games, he would look like just another outfielder.

Opponents have to respect him even if he didn't get crazy hot. But you can't ignore Mintz best games, just like you can't ignore his worst.

Also, I bet if you ignored Babe Ruth's best 11% of his games, he would look like just another outfielder.
if you took out 11% of his best season he would still have hit like 40 home runs and been the best in baseball.

And the biggest development is teams will read the stats and decide not to sag off him, which will help him drive.

if you took out 11% of his best season he would still have hit like 40 home runs and been the best in baseball.
The poster suggested we ignore Mintz's best shooting game of the season when evaluating Mintz as a shooter.

I think that's stupid. Hitters and shooters are streaky, that's why we use averages. The fact that Mintz can get red hot and hit 5 of 7 in a game is a positive, not something to be ignored. Our opponents certainly won't ignore it.

If you just subtract out Ruth's games when he hit at least two home runs, he's barely a Hall of Famer... Sounds stupid, right?

The poster suggested we ignore Mintz's best shooting game of the season when evaluating Mintz as a shooter.

I think that's stupid. Hitters and shooters are streaky, that's why we use averages. The fact that Mintz can get red hot and hit 5 of 7 in a game is a positive, not something to be ignored. Our opponents certainly won't ignore it.

If you just subtract out Ruth's games when he hit at least two home runs, he's barely a Hall of Famer... Sounds stupid, right?
not really because if you remove Ruths 2 home run games he still hits almost 600 and the next highest guy at that time was Gehrig at under 400.

so let that sink in.. You remove all 70 of his best HR games and he still is the best by almost 200 when he retired.. And he would still be about top 10 even now..

not really because if you remove Ruths 2 home run games he still hits almost 600 and the next highest guy at that time was Gehrig at under 400.

so let that sink in.. You remove all 70 of his best HR games and he still is the best by almost 200 when he retired.. And he would still be about top 10 even now..
Ok, then, Ruth was really good! :)

But, if you remove every game where Ruth hit a home run, he's a slap hitter with barely a .320 average that should have stayed a pitcher.

Still sounds like "if you ignore the games where he hits 5 threes, he sucks at shooting."

just gonna guess he hit the floor at least 14 times today. gotta work out a Lippmann nil.