15 MORE DAYS OF TORTURE | Syracusefan.com

15 MORE DAYS OF TORTURE

CapitalO

2nd String
It is quite obvious we will end up 1 - 10 no one would have ever thought preseason that this catastrophe could have happened the way it did , numerous injuries well beyond the normal - player opt outs - and a terrible coaching job by Dino has made us the laughingstock of D1 football. We know that Dino will be back next year, the next question is does he let any of his assistant coaches go after the seasons ends ? then the process of attrition takes place that should be very interesting , as far as recruiting goes the 21 verbal commitments as of now appear to be solid but that could change, I really would be shocked if any 5th year seniors return for a 6th year and the loss of Bear and Black will be huge we have scholarships available for more recruits and those scholarships must go to impact transfers, on the brighter side It appears the defense has a lot of young talent but the void that must be filled is bringing in 2 DL transfers, the kicking game is decent even though we lose Cooney , again the offensive line will be the area of most concern but I really feel that unit will get better especially if Bleich becomes an ACC caliber also bringing in a quality transfer would be a bonus and the O'lineman who sat out with season with injuries return healthy, as for the QB Tommy D. is the starter with Jacobian - Dillon and Lamson fighting for the #2 spot , As for the WR/TE units that seems to be a crapshoot the bottom line is next year's schedule is not that tough if this team doesn't win 6 games then by all means Dino must be fired.

Nothing going to change because DB will not change. Cav will still be the coach so no improvement. TD is not the answer and DB will not give anyone else a real chance claiming the complexity of his offense. There is no discipline on this team. No real punishment for bad behavior (taj). You can be a family but there still needs to be a parent. It’s just will continue to go down hill. Disappointing.

Dino has lost me. He can win me back, but not with words - only deeds and W’s. Let’s see what happens.
It will be interesting to see if he can recruit a '22 class off this year's showing.

I said 3 wins this season and was killed for it, man what we would all do for 3 wins now...

I said 3 wins this season and was killed for it, man what we would all do for 3 wins now...
It is still possible to win the next to games if our opponents forfeit ?

Isn’t this valuable experience?

Keep practicing and then cancel the game. They are going to get mauled by NCSt and ND. What's the point?

Thinking about Eggs McDonald and McDouche Doren running up the score is just going to make a bad situation worse and ruin my Thanksgiving holiday.

Nothing going to change because DB will not change. Cav will still be the coach so no improvement. TD is not the answer and DB will not give anyone else a real chance claiming the complexity of his offense. There is no discipline on this team. No real punishment for bad behavior (taj). You can be a family but there still needs to be a parent. It’s just will continue to go down hill. Disappointing.
I don’t understand how you come to some of your conclusions. Do you realize Dino just replaced his OC and DC and completely changed the defensive scheme?

All but two of the defensive coaches were changed over the summer.

On the offensive side, since Dino has been here, there have been 3 OCs, a couple of OL coaches, a number of WR and RB coaches and a couple of special teams coaches.

And he has gone from a dual threat QB to a pocket QB.

Dino has been willing to change from his first day here. You can ding him for a lot of things, but your main point holds no water.

Keep practicing and then cancel the game. They are going to get mauled by NCSt and ND. What's the point?

Thinking about Eggs McDonald and McDouche Doren running up the score is just going to make a bad situation worse and ruin my Thanksgiving holiday.
Okay well I took covid cancellation as in practice is all out too.

Okay well I took covid cancellation as in practice is all out too.

Creatively fail. Just enough to not play, but hold out hope for the next game and then, oh no not again.

I don’t understand how you come to some of your conclusions. Do you realize Dino just replaced his OC and DC and completely changed the defensive scheme?

On the offensive side, since Dino has been here, there have been 3 OCs, a couple of OL coaches, a number of WR and RB coaches and a couple of special teams coaches.

Dino has been willing to change from his first day here. You can ding him for a lot of things, but your main point holds no water.

So we can drag him for making what appear to be multiple awful hiring decisions, then?

"Look at all the times he was willing to make changes but was just terrible at it" is an interesting argument though.

We have had two oc. Lewis and lynch were co-offensive coordinators. Then he had job solo last year. Gilbert this year. May be different people same system.
Initially lynch was OL coach and co-offensive coordinator. Hired Cav when moved lynch to coordinator.
Lynch moved to Rb coach Mc cloud let go.
So not that much change as you suggest.
DB is willing to make changes on D. Does not make the same changes on O. Nor does he use the same rotation of players on O.
His claim is D is easier to learn than O.
concerning qb. DB always wanted a pp. moving away from DT was always the plan unfortunately.
Not so willing to make changes as you suggest when you break it down.

We have had two oc. Lewis and lynch were co-offensive coordinators. Then he had job solo last year. Gilbert this year. May be different people same system.
Initially lynch was OL coach and co-offensive coordinator. Hired Cav when moved lynch to coordinator.
Lynch moved to Rb coach Mc cloud let go.
So not that much change as you suggest.
DB is willing to make changes on D. Does not make the same changes on O. Nor does he use the same rotation of players on O.
His claim is D is easier to learn than O.
concerning qb. DB always wanted a pp. moving away from DT was always the plan unfortunately.
Not so willing to make changes as you suggest when you break it down.
FWIW, this is a recent quote from DB from the Bailey article regarding the offense "You're always looking to be green and growing, not red and rotten so we're going to always look to adapt and change," Babers said.

Give me some short term hope. Call better plays. Use the whole field. Run a normal offensive playbook.

Yes roster building. Yes recruiting. These need to happen. But until he can start running normal passing plays, I dont have faith in anything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom