159 days until Syracuse/UVa... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

159 days until Syracuse/UVa...

That roster is laughable without hauser playing.

Without Hauser, we still have 6 guys who are/were consensus 4* players in HS. And the starting PG from last year. And a 1st team JUCO All-American. We might not be favorites to win it again, but with Bennett as coach, I like the odds on being pretty good.

Just because some of the talent is unproven doesn’t make it laughable.

Kansas and Duke kick off their seasons Nov 5 in the Champions Classic at MSG. Obviously a non-conference game, but we're not the only ones starting with a tough opponent.

Kansas and Duke kick off their seasons Nov 5 in the Champions Classic at MSG. Obviously a non-conference game, but we're not the only ones starting with a tough opponent.

Yup I wish we were in that event.

Best possible time to play them and this could really kickstart our season and take us off the bubble from the get go.

Anyone know if it’s home or away yet and when this will be announced? Would be great if it’s a home game the AD doesn’t overprice it maybe package it with a football game and have the Dome packed.

Tickets for the Big Monday 2nd half collapse were insanely overpriced nothing for under 50 if I remember before fees the secondary market had them for under 10.

UVA is currently 20-1 to win the title next year. (Opened at 7-1). They are expected to be pretty good.

SU is 80-1 fyi.

I still can't get my head around the idea of a home opener against a Top 5 conference foe. This is so weird.

Especially with it being UVA against what will likely be Carey's first start at PG. Not a recipe that screams "cant wait".

I'm a Cuse fan but I would bet UVA has more wins than we do come tourney time.
It'll be close. I think we'll both be right around 5th in the ACC. Here's the big question in my mind - would you rather have a proven, solid 3 star back-up guard like Clark starting at the point, or have 2 unproven 4 star recruits fighting it out for minutes at the point like Carey and Goodine?

UVA is currently 20-1 to win the title next year. (Opened at 7-1). They are expected to be pretty good.

SU is 80-1 fyi.

Yep. The only thing that is laughable is someone thinking a team with Diakite (projected to be drafted next year, possibly first round), Huff (team had the highest OE and DE when he was on the floor last year), Key, Morsell (possibly the most potential of any Bennett recruit yet), McKoy (probable future NBA), TWold (JUCO recruit that shot 56% from three last year), and Kihei running the point wont be a top 15-20 team next year.

Yeah, we (UVA) probably won't be as good as a team that won the championship with a lottery pick and two other NBA draft picks, but I'll bet we contend for the ACC title again and finish at worst 5th in the ACC.

Especially with it being UVA against what will likely be Carey's first start at PG. Not a recipe that screams "cant wait".

I think we are in the same boat... We will have a second year point guard who is vertically challenged, and two other guards playing their first game with our system. Our frontcourt will have to deliver in a big way which is the exact opposite of last year.

I'm a Cuse fan but I would bet UVA has more wins than we do come tourney time.

Agreed. They do every year. Better program by far at this point, unfortunately.

Without Hauser, we still have 6 guys who are/were consensus 4* players in HS. And the starting PG from last year. And a 1st team JUCO All-American. We might not be favorites to win it again, but with Bennett as coach, I like the odds on being pretty good.

Just because some of the talent is unproven doesn’t make it laughable.
I am an SU fanatic but I love Bennett. He is a great coach but also a class act.

Not that he was going to have a huge role, but Badocchi left the program this week. Weird situation...isn’t transferring but is staying in school. Just not to play basketball. And apparently not a medical condition.

I like these games early in the season like this. They should just spread out the conf games throughout the season.

Not that he was going to have a huge role, but Badocchi left the program this week. Weird situation...isn’t transferring but is staying in school. Just not to play basketball. And apparently not a medical condition.
Wants to pursue a career in classical musicTickling the ivory

Vengeance thy name is Quincy

Good call. AP preseason poll released, and we checked in at #11. Duke, Louisville & UNC above us. No other ACC teams who wear Orange YET

FIFY