16 years after national title win with Syracuse, Gerry McNamara can still shoot | Syracusefan.com

16 years after national title win with Syracuse, Gerry McNamara can still shoot

Honestly. It was Criminal what the staff did to Gerry the rest of his College career after the NC. JB failed to pair him with a competent PG and the dude basically ran for his life the next 3 years. I remember being particularly disappointed with his volume shots his SR year. Looking back none of it was his fault... Perhaps one of the most disappointing stretches of SU hoops with the expectations...

Honestly. It was Criminal what the staff did to Gerry the rest of his College career after the NC. JB failed to pair him with a competent PG and the dude basically ran for his life the next 3 years. I remember being particularly disappointed with his volume shots his SR year. Looking back none of it was his fault... Perhaps one of the most disappointing stretches of SU hoops with the expectations...
Sounds quite similar to Cooney.

Not sure what the staff could've done, but McNamara (whose junior and senior game I was critical of) was a victim of circumstance. No coincidence that his best year was the season he got to play alongside Edelin. But I don't know how the staff could have accounted for Edelin flaking out, Josh Wright (SU's choice over Kyle Lowry and A.J. "Laptops" Price) not developing fast enough, and Tiki Mayben becoming a drug dealer.

Sounds quite similar to Cooney.

Sort of...except McNamara was actually a skilled and well-rounded basketball player. (Zing.)

Billy. What could have been!

My dad is 200 yrs old so he's seen a lot and he's never seen anything like the shooting display gmac put on in warmups before the Bona game they played in Rochester. I missed it because I ignored his repeated calls and stayed at the bar nearby. The amazing thing I saw at that game was a obese member of the bona dance team whose pants were falling down - it went way beyond plumbers's crack, i think all of the northern hemisphere was exposed and maybe part of Peru too

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom