17-19 FT | Syracusefan.com

17-19 FT

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Huge! We need to get to the line. I doubt we make 11 3s regularly. Settling for threes or tough jumpers is bad considering we don’t really move the ball, regardless. This was a HUGE win to overcome the foul woes and get out of Columbus with a resume win.

The offense still plods and probably still will with not much ball movement and little post game. Unbelievable how all the guards dribble in one place and everybody stands. Getting to the line is what we need. I looked it up. We are 239 in the country in FG made per game...24.4 and we still play pretty slow. 6 in points from FTs. 27% of our offense. Gotta get to the line. LGO!

Last edited:
We definitely cant settle for shooting 3s constantly when we have a couple guys that can get to the hoop and draw fouls. (OB and TB) but we definitely are a better shooting team then what our numbers have shown early on. We do have some guys who can knock down the 3 this year as well as the long 2. We will continue to get better.

Agreed 100% this will make up for lack of shooting in games (hopefully not as many as last year). It’s a good strategy to have .

Here’s another random thought...Jalen Carey looks much more comfortable at the top of the zone than I’d ever imagine.
I bet he had a pretty good +/- tonight. Seems like we went on runs every time he was in.

at what part of the game did the guards stand around other than when they were trying to milk the clock? we passed it around a ton and the goal is to get a dribble drive or open 3. got those all day.. the issue was we settle for some bad shots when we didnt need to..

While we don’t have much inside scoring, I loved the threes that came off kickouts tonight. That’s a much higher % 3 point shot than off the dribble 3’s or ones that come off passes from the perimeter.

Here’s another random thought...Jalen Carey looks much more comfortable at the top of the zone than I’d ever imagine.

Hopefully he plays quicker soon. Loved the FTs he made. SOMEBODY needs to attack from the PG position though. Part of the offensive woes. It’s almost like 3-5 on offense if your PG doesn’t do anything except cross halfcourt with the ball.

While we don’t have much inside scoring, I loved the threes that came off kickouts tonight. That’s a much higher % 3 point shot than off the dribble 3’s or ones that come off passes from the perimeter.

Some did. Some just launches off of zero ball movement. I’m really surprised they didn’t play up on us more.

Some did. Some just launches off of zero ball movement. I’m really surprised they didn’t play up on us more.
Why would they? We haven't shot a good percentage this year yet right?

Carey baseline drive shuffle pass to Brissett for a layup is a play we haven’t seen in a while

Yup. That was possibly the only attack and dish to someone for a layup.

While I agree about the 3s, we have to do more of what we did tonight to open things up. A lot of our 3s were great shots and good looks. Some using picks, others a half drive and kick. OSU wanted to force us to shoot from outside and really packed things in. Yes we need to get to the line more but if we can't shoot from outside that won't be an easy thing to do.

While I agree about the 3s, we have to do more of what we did tonight to open things up. A lot of our 3s were great shots and good looks. Some using picks, others a half drive and kick. OSU wanted to force us to shoot from outside and really packed things in. Yes we need to get to the line more but if we can't shoot from outside that won't be an easy thing to do.

True. Chukwu/Sidibe and whenever whichever PG doesn’t attack REALLY discombobulates the offense. Baby steps I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom