19 players have declared early so far | Syracusefan.com

19 players have declared early so far

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
19 players have declared early for the NBA draft so far, and that doesn't include the slew of UK kids that will declare on Tuesday.

Also doesn't include Grant.

Through in a few foreign-dudes and the first round is looking pretty crowded. You would think some of these kids would pull out of the draft if they weren't surefire top 15 picks. Some really bad advice gets thrown around to these kids.

I don't know about that. If you are getting feedback that you are potential first rounder, depending on your circumstances, I could see kids going for it.

I don't know about that. If you are getting feedback that you are potential first rounder, depending on your circumstances, I could see kids going for it.
They should change the rule and make it like College Baseball. You can get drafted but if you don't like your position you can come back to college.

Baseball players can get drafted up to 3 times. If they go the Juco route they can actually get drafted up to 4 times.

Of course the MLB amateur draft is 40 rounds and they draft 1200 players...:rolleyes::noidea:

The NBA should make it mandatory for high school players serve a minimum 3/4 year apprenticeship to be served either all in the D-league or college. No jumping back and forth.Most building trades require 5 years by their states education systems.

God how I hate the NBA now as it's just basically one on one ball with kids. Colleges do make money, but an awful lot of money is being wasted chasing around kids who are going in with succeed and proceed ambitions.

PayPalCal seems to embrace this method 100% in his recruiting philosophy while some kids who have street agents have most likely lied to some staffs at different schools about their intentions.

It seems nowadays, our way of recruiting is tough to win with as evident by other schools who recruit like us. Early entry players mixed with some role player guys doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Look at Kansas, look at Duke, look at us. You're either Kentucky who has all one and dones or you're a team that has a veterans who have grown together.

We will make a run here and there but overall we seem to always be "one year away" and then when our guys declare early that "one year away" mantra doesn't apply anymore.

19 players have declared early for the NBA draft so far, and that doesn't include the slew of UK kids that will declare on Tuesday.

Also doesn't include Grant.

Through in a few foreign-dudes and the first round is looking pretty crowded. You would think some of these kids would pull out of the draft if they weren't surefire top 15 picks. Some really bad advice gets thrown around to these kids.
Some of these kids are delusional. And some just don't want to go to school and do the class work even if it means playing somewhere overseas.

That is the problem too many of these kids have zero ambition anymore. Whatever happened to trying to be the best that you can, now its hey I will be the number 28th pick,hang on to someones roster and make a couple mil.