1940's MacArthur Stadium | Syracusefan.com

1940's MacArthur Stadium

I remember the ramp on the third base side, running up and down it as a little kid, and how it would bounce underneath you.

Played a High School Baseball game City Championship in 1965? in MacArthur. In total disrepair. Member hitting fungo fly balls against the right field fence just to watch the green paint come flying off like a snowstorm, I think Marty Dombres pitched that game. He was unhitable, He went to Columbia for FB as a QB and even played a bit in the NFL.

Played a High School Baseball game City Championship in 1965? in MacArthur. In total disrepair. Member hitting fungo fly balls against the right field fence just to watch the green paint come flying off like a snowstorm, I think Marty Dombres pitched that game. He was unhitable, He went to Columbia for FB as a QB and even played a bit in the NFL.

A lawyer in town, Dick Storto, went to CBA and was a catcher back in those days. Might have even been the same year, or a year or so later. Storto hit a homer over the centerfield fence in the all-star game. The distance as I recall was 434 feet to dead center. Storto was offered a contract by Cincinnati to be the "next Johnny Bench", but opted to go to college at Cornell, where he was the blocking fullback for Ed Marinaro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom