1990-1996 | Syracusefan.com

1990-1996

Cajovalley

Walk On
anybody remember Cases and Kegs on Burnett? off Teal ave?. Good hoagies there. There was also a Philadelphia subs in eastwood on James that had awesome cheesesteaks. I lived on Oak st. right across from schiller park. the clubhouse, there was a bar on erie where bands would play. the Time out, met Bernie Williams there. The Jukebox on Geddes, met Joe frazier there. Party in the plaza, Murphy's JP somethings in franklin sq. he also had a place in Alenxandria bay. maybe I should stop drinking. too many memories of Syracuse. it's like giving birth, I forgot all the freaking snow . I miss those days

anybody remember Cases and Kegs on Burnett? off Teal ave?. Good hoagies there. There was also a Philadelphia subs in eastwood on James that had awesome cheesesteaks. I lived on Oak st. right across from schiller park. the clubhouse, there was a bar on erie where bands would play. the Time out, met Bernie Williams there. The Jukebox on Geddes, met Joe frazier there. Party in the plaza, Murphy's JP somethings in franklin sq. he also had a place in Alenxandria bay. maybe I should stop drinking. too many memories of Syracuse. it's like giving birth, I forgot all the freaking snow . I miss those days

Roman's was in Franklin Square and A-Bay.

yes, Romans. thanks, I also just looked Cases and kegs is now Cuse express, and the bar on teal is now Samara pizza used to be Shaunasie's.

I was wrong it's not the time out, it's the Change of Pce. still there
met bernie williams there. He was playing for Columbus
I keep hearing eddie money in my ear,, " I wanna go back"

I couldn't find the Jukebox, but it it was right off Geddes and hwy 5. Joe Fazier was there to get inducted to the boxing hall of fame in Can of soda. He spilled an entire pitcher of beer on me and felt bad so he put me on his tab... good times

oh we used dto go to Mother's Cuboard, Rosy O'grady's there was a kareoke bar in East sYRACUSWE, I FORGET THE NAME. jOKERS
i LOVED JOKERS, IT'S NOW A PARKING LOT. i PLAYED DARTS AND SOFTBALL FOR THAT BAR
sorry for the caps
i'm hammered
i usually get hammered
no caps
i worked at Crown Tire
I also worked for Bear Limosine
both payed , but were fun
my friends gf owned one of those bottle returns
we didn't have them in Pa

I remember the storm of 92 or m93 when we got clobbered. i went to walk out to my truck and I sunk up to my chest in snow. I couuldn't see my truck through the snow. I called my boss and told him that I would be late because I had to dig out. He asked me if I had been shoveling all night? I of coarse being from Pa said no. He laughed and said "son, we shovel every hour up here". i said good for you. I proceeded to shovel all freaking day. worstdaay of my life. moral of the story, If you live ubove Binhamton, shovel evry hour... lol other than that, Syracuse is my favorite place, just stay away from the snow

I couldn't find the Jukebox, but it it was right off Geddes and hwy 5. Joe Fazier was there to get inducted to the boxing hall of fame in Can of soda. He spilled an entire pitcher of beer on me and felt bad so he put me on his tab... good times

This is the old Jukebox, right? It was Rain Lounge for a while before it closed last year.

1624632706194.png

anybody remember Cases and Kegs on Burnett? off Teal ave?.
My grandparents lived in Eastwood. My grandpa and I would go there and get corned beef sandwiches all the time.

Anyone recall Arturo's in Eastwood? Great food and funny menu.

Anyone recall Arturo's in Eastwood? Great food and funny menu.
Art Belge, great guy with a tremendous sense of humor. I loved that place.

Art died about 3 years ago after moving to Mexico. He wrote a book. I bought it. A good read especially if you grew up in the St Vincent's neighborhood. I didn't but I knew a lot of people who did.

1625616595054.png

To get an idea of what the book is about read the reviews...

Last edited:
Art Belge, great guy with a tremendous sense of humor. I loved that place.

Art died about 3 years ago after moving to Mexico. He wrote a book. I bought it. A good read especially if you grew up in the St Vincent's neighborhood. I didn't but I knew a lot of people who did.

View attachment 203246

My old neighborhood! My parents still go to Vincent’s every Sunday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom