1990 SU vs. UVA 2nd round NCAAT | Syracusefan.com

1990 SU vs. UVA 2nd round NCAAT

I was watching the second round at the Omni in Atlanta, GA when this game was going on. Actually I should say, I was watching the scoreboard for updates on this game - and I honestly don't remember who was playing in the games I'd actually paid to attend right in front of me.

I remember watching this game in my apartment in Brooklyn, I could barely watch, and I can't believe a neighbor didn't call the cops after I flipped out when we hung on.

I was watching the second round at the Omni in Atlanta, GA when this game was going on. Actually I should say, I was watching the scoreboard for updates on this game - and I honestly don't remember who was playing in the games I'd actually paid to attend right in front of me.
You got the UCLA-Kansas game which the ending is on at the end of this game I linked. Tracy Murray made 2 FTs for UCLA to upset Kansas.

Think about this ... we were a 2-seed, UVa was the 7-seed. Second Round.
Game was played in Richmond, Va. That is +/- 60 miles from Charlottesville.

In 2003, we crushed OU in Albany in Elite 8.
This is worse IMHO.

Whomever taped these games thank you.
Interesting game. JB started Ellis on the bench. Coleman was such a stud.

Nerve racking finish. FT shooting cost us a lot in this time frame.

Bonus footage after this game Texas-Purdue.
Nice of the committee to put Syracuse against Virginia in a game played in Richmond. The following year they would play Richmond in College Park, Maryland as a #2 seed where we wll know what happened...

Think about this ... we were a 2-seed, UVa was the 7-seed. Second Round.
Game was played in Richmond, Va. That is +/- 60 miles from Charlottesville.

In 2003, we crushed OU in Albany in Elite 8.
This is worse IMHO.

Not sure it's quite as bad as Vermont is Worcester in a 4/13 game, but it's close. Not the way to treat a high seed.

Refs blew some big calls against us. And D.C. With only 2 points in the second half is criminal

Coleman was so good in the first half. So so good. Amazing how good he was.