1997 part 2! | Syracusefan.com

1997 part 2!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
So a lot of posters gave me flack for comparing this years team to 1997 Jason heart lead team back in early November. The st Francis team really exposed this teams weaknesses Which I think a lot of teams followed that blueprint to play Syracuse this year. Tyler was playing passive and the rest of the team just struggled to score.
Fast forward to now and this team made a a decent run this year. BUT, this teams could easily be 19-11 right now similar to the 97 team if we didn't pull out some late game heroics for more that a few games.
Personally I never really bought into all the hype and the higher rankings because I didn't see a dominant team on the floor. They were like FOOLS GOLD to me!

The Good thing is, the last time I compared this team to 1997 we went on to win 21 games in a row and I hope we can make a decent run. In the tourney!

So a lot of posters gave me flack for comparing this years team to 1997 Jason heart lead team back in early November. The st Francis team really exposed this teams weaknesses Which I think a lot of teams followed that blueprint to play Syracuse this year. Tyler was playing passive and the rest of the team just struggled to score.
Fast forward to now and this team made a a decent run this year. BUT, this teams could easily be 19-11 right now similar to the 97 team if we didn't pull out some late game heroics for more that a few games.
Personally I never really bought into all the hype and the higher rankings because I didn't see a dominant team on the floor. They were like FOOLS GOLD to me!

The Good thing is, the last time I compared this team to 1997 we went on to win 21 games in a row and I hope we can make a decent run. In the tourney!

but we are not. I never understood this argument. I could be 40 pounds lighter if I didnt love beer but I am not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom