1week to go - VERY IMPORTANT INFO for SyrFan.com Golfl Tourney | Syracusefan.com

1week to go - VERY IMPORTANT INFO for SyrFan.com Golfl Tourney

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Date: Friday afternoon August 31st
Venue: The Links at Erie Village
Format: Captain and Crew
Cost: $70, which includes 18 holes of golf with a cart, lunch at the turn and dinner afterwards

(August 31st is the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, the day before the Northwestern game, which is the board tailgate this year and the opener for the football season).

Again here are some of the great reasons to join us:

1) to raise money for the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation, a charity near and dear to all of our hearts and

2) to provide an opportunity for people who use the board to meet face to face, get to know each other a little better, and have a chance to talk SU sports (it is the day before the season opener for football).

You can organize a foursome or groups of foursomes if you want, or sign up as a single and get paired with others from the board (we will be happy to work with you and/or friends to accomodate your wishes).

I know that some of you have indicated to Tomcat that you would like to participate, but have yet to pay him via PayPal. Please do so by tomorrow or Saturday latest (need to confirm this with the Links). We still hope to close the course, but need final numbers to do this (probably another 20 people).

Menu choices: Dinner is steak, chicken francaise or pasta. Please indicate when you pay chicken or steak if those are your choices. Thanks!!

Some of the things still in the works:
  • donated product on the course -- working to get some cold beverages provided (if we do get enough to close the course this could mean a keg of beer out on the course for participants).
  • more SU celebrities -- besides a guest speaker at dinner. I am working on several golfers from various sports (lax, football and basketball) who were former SU athletes. If you wish to have one in your golf foursome, let me know which sport you prefer and if you'd be willing to pay their entry fee $70. Thanks!!
  • like #1, their may be a beverage distributor doing a tasting that night for our golfers.
  • Maybe not this year, but like this to be an annual event and perhaps tournament T-shirts (The War Damn Otto Open?)
Things we need from you:
  • Join us -- Who cares your handicap (mine by the way is a horrible slice)? Who cares if you can't put together a full foursome (we will match you with other fellow board members)? All that matters is you love SU sports and love to have a good time (while helping a great charity as a bonus).
  • Consider sponsoring a hole -- if you have a local business & want to promote your services/product or just want to help out the Foundation further. It would be great to have the support!!
  • Consider donating to the silent auction -- if you have something that you think folks would be interested in bidding (SU related items or other products/services) then that would be a huge help!!!!
  • RESPONDING ASAP! Tom and I are working hard to make this a great event, but we can't do it without you. If you can help in any ways respond to one of us via email and let us know what you are thinking.
REALLY hope to see a lot of you one week from today at the Links!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom