2-3 Zone Exposed at Rutgers? | Syracusefan.com

2-3 Zone Exposed at Rutgers?

Bleacher report. Enough said

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Love a good Star Wars reference. Well, if one is considered the Empire their probably pretty, pretty good (In Larry David voice)

JB allowed RU to play many vs one in the paint to be sure not to let RU get going from 3. The kid had a career day. If he missed the 1st foul line shot, who knows how his day would have gone. RI could only beat us by going off from 3.
The holes on the Deathstar defense are what the Emperor allows you to see. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Some people don't understand that the zone changes from game to game just like m2m does. Still our inside guys did a very poor job of challanging even if that is what we were giving them.

I think we played comparatively lazy D in the Rutgers game.

Mike Rice was a Padawan under Jedi Master Jamie Dixon. He knows how to attack the zone with the power of The Force.

Whatever, we still won.

JB allowed RU to play many vs one in the paint to be sure not to let RU get going from 3. The kid had a career day. If he missed the 1st foul line shot, who knows how his day would have gone. RI could only beat us by going off from 3.

Love that strategy. Seemed like he did that in the louisville game too, especially with kuric, cant let these teams go off from 3. Much rather get beat with 2s than 3s. I hope he uses that strategy more in the tourny, especially against good 3 pt shooting teams.

Good strategy to not let their shooters beat us. However, I'm convinced that JB felt no way Biruta would dominate Melo and do so much damage inside. If this guy can abuse Fab that bad, what a rude awakening he has next year in the NBA.

To sum up Bleacher Report, my cat writes for them when he wants to get drunk and slum it.

Love that strategy. Seemed like he did that in the louisville game too, especially with kuric, cant let these teams go off from 3. Much rather get beat with 2s than 3s. I hope he uses that strategy more in the tourny, especially against good 3 pt shooting teams.
especially since we struggle to hit 3's

seems like the last couple of teams are trying to draw fab out and attack joseph on the baseline underneath.

I'm not as concerned with the zone as much as I am with our halfcourt offense. Rutgers only put up 64. If we get bumped out of the tourney early, I think it'll be because of the offense.

I still can't believe that was written, knowing the firestorm to follow...

The ESPN annoucner just slipped, using that phrase intead, of say, "achilles heal". But the headline guy surely knew exactly what he was writing.

Even more so on the road.

This is my favorite line in the article:

"This was another game that provided at least a peak at where the hole in the Death Star is on this team."

Is SYRACUSE the EMPIRE?

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bf7zT?...m=newsletter&utm_campaign=syracuse-basketball
If Rutgers provided blueprints for the Death Star to South Florida, Syracuse has no recourse except to leave immediately for the ACC. Bad move for the Rebellion.

Deathstar_blueprint.jpg