2 best things about the ESPYS | Syracusefan.com

2 best things about the ESPYS

No matter how many times I see the story of Eric Legrand it still gets me. The guy is so inspirational.

I didn't watch any of the ESPYs, but I could not agree more. Were the two of them there? If so, what did they say?

That speech. Omg, THAT SPEECH.

Get ready, it's about to go megaviral.

That speech. Omg, THAT SPEECH.

Get ready, it's about to go megaviral.

Which speaker? I'm not watching the tube tonight due to work but would like to check it out.

Hell, I still can't listen to the full Jimmy V speech without getting all emotional.

I didn't watch any of the ESPYs, but I could not agree more. Were the two of them there? If so, what did they say?

unfortunatly, Pat was held to a minimum... I'm guessing because of her condition. But they had a great intro piece and then Peyton was the actual introducer, which I thought was cool.

Legrand had a really good speech. He basically thanked everyone at Kessler (where a good friend of mine rehab'd), his family, schiano, some personal friends, and then said he would walk again.

Paraphrasing: "I want to go back to that field, lay down where I got injured and get up, walk off the field and say I finished that play" ::Chills::
Wow. Just Wow. He is such an inspiration.

I just wish someone would have told LeGrand to slow down. He was great, but man, he was talking so fast it was sometimes hard to know what he was saying.

The Ashe and Jimmy V awards are the only reasons to watch this show.

Breanna Stewart was shown, by the way.

I posted this on the football side but that Eric LeGrand speech was amazing. What a person!

legrand ending his speech by quoting jimmy v "dont give up, dont ever give up" was the cherry on top for me on an already great speech

Here's the Summit video. Gives me chills again the second time around. An incredible coach. (Try not to scream violently at your computer when they show John Thompson)