2 commitments | Syracusefan.com

2 commitments

PhatOrange

Living Legend
For those of you who don’t venture to the other page Syracuse picked up 2 football commitments this past week.

Local product Naesean Howerd RB/DB 5-11 190 out of West Genesse and Tennessee dual threat QB AJ Long 6-2 190. Long who lived in PA until after his sophomore year had early offers from Arizona (Rich Rodriquez) and UCLA.

For those of you who don’t venture to the other page Syracuse picked up 2 football commitments this past week.

Local product Naesean Howerd RB/DB 5-11 190 out of West Genesse and Tennessee dual threat QB AJ Long 6-2 190. Long who lived in PA until after his sophomore year had early offers from Arizona (Rich Rodriquez) and UCLA.

Thanks for the recruiting page plug, I forget to go there. An athletic QB that RichRod offered? Being in battles like that and winning (for now anyway) exceeds my expectations. Great news.

2 seemingly good commits too. Both are garnering interest from some programs that we should not be embarrassed to be in the same conversation with. I like the fact that the staff has identified Nasean as a safety this early, shows they are dong their homework and being up front with these kids.

Long may turn into this years ZA once people start paying attention to him. Difference is I think we get is one to stick.

Thanks for the recruiting page plug, I forget to go there. An athletic QB that RichRod offered? Being in battles like that and winning (for now anyway) exceeds my expectations. Great news.

His highlight videos on youtube aren’t the greatest – low quality, small, far away etc. but you can somewhat get a feel for his abilities. Looks like he has a big arm – I estimated in one or two clips he throws the ball 45/50 yards – and also displays some touch.

Looks like a decent runner, not a burner but not slow either. Has some shake.

He reminds me a lot of Terrell Hunt to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KUo9nsULT04

They did?

Defensive line coach Tim Daoust headed up Howard's recruitment, and Howard met with running backs coach DeAndre Smith on Saturday to discuss the position. Shafer expressed interest in having Howard play free safety at Syracuse.

"If I had a choice, I would want to play defense," said Howard, who also plays corner for West Genesee. "When you're a running back, people are aiming to hit you, but on defense you're aiming at other people. I love contact."

My guess is that these guys are nice athletes, but they're no Ben Barrett.

Still not sure why we have separate recruiting pages, but I'm sure there's a good reason

Defensive line coach Tim Daoust headed up Howard's recruitment, and Howard met with running backs coach DeAndre Smith on Saturday to discuss the position. Shafer expressed interest in having Howard play free safety at Syracuse.

"If I had a choice, I would want to play defense," said Howard, who also plays corner for West Genesee. "When you're a running back, people are aiming to hit you, but on defense you're aiming at other people. I love contact."

Sounds like the coaches on both sides are fighting for him. If he were solely a safety recruit he wouldn't meet with Smith to discuss the running back position.

Really cool commits, IMO. A legit prospect from your backyard and a QB with some athleticism that had a quality offer or two. So far, so good. I'm always tempted to point out that we now have to hold onto these kids for 11 months, but that's just me being a typical cuse fan. Regardless, a good sign for this staff.

Really cool commits, IMO. A legit prospect from your backyard and a QB with some athleticism that had a quality offer or two. So far, so good. I'm always tempted to point out that we now have to hold onto these kids for 11 months, but that's just me being a typical cuse fan. Regardless, a good sign for this staff.

that's what i said yesterday - now we have to hold on for the next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom