2 Exhibition games MCW? | Syracusefan.com

2 Exhibition games MCW?

bevosu

Hall of Fame
How is his handle looking? Are those who felt a little uncomfortable with his high dribble feeling any better?

How will he do bringing the ball up against tougher defensive guards? So far I think he looks pretty solid.

Good post... To be honest, I'm still skeptical... We will find out for sure on Friday. Just doesn't seem confident with the dribble and can't really Get where he wants to go with it. Our fastbreaks won't look like they did a year ago I'll tell you that much. Say whatever you want, but scoop and dion on the break were top notch. Still probably too early to tell... Jumper looks good though

Good post... To be honest, I'm still skeptical... We will find out for sure on Friday. Just doesn't seem confident with the dribble and can't really Get where he wants to go with it. Our fastbreaks won't look like they did a year ago I'll tell you that much. Say whatever you want, but scoop and dion on the break were top notch. Still probably too early to tell... Jumper looks good though

Really? I feel like he might be overconfident if anything.

MCW just has a really special feel for the game. Always seems to do the right things. Doesn't force shots like Scoop and Dion had a tendency to do. Looks to pass as much as Scoop and far more than Dion did. And I feel like with his size, he's gotten absolutely anywhere he's wanted so far in the scrimmages (obviously it's a huge difference between Pace/Bloomsburg or whatever their name was and San Diego State, but so far so good).

He was really solid today. His head is always up and looking to make a play. His floater in the lane is practically unstoppable. Triche was really agressive today and it made it easer for MCW. This team is very unselfish and nobody looks to try and get theirs! As time goes on, RAK and Coleman are going to be very good together. They had a nice high/low today. Coleman has to learn to post and kick it back out and repost. The front court is very deep. Everyone can play and should play. Grant is the best looking freshman defensive forward I've seen at SU. He plays within himself and plays smart. Good basketball IQ. I've never seen JB so relaxed this early in the year. My only concern is that we can't allow guard penetration against the zone. What our guards lack in quickness, they make up for as the best rebounding guards we've had. They can both go get the ball. Next Friday is going to be a good test for this team.

Love his little runner shot in the lane , kinda similar to josh paces except its with both hands and a nightmare for his defenders to stop. Hes a scoring machine who only makes other players better.

He's
Really? I feel like he might be overconfident if anything.

MCW just has a really special feel for the game. Always seems to do the right things. Doesn't force shots like Scoop and Dion had a tendency to do. Looks to pass as much as Scoop and far more than Dion did. And I feel like with his size, he's gotten absolutely anywhere he's wanted so far in the scrimmages (obviously it's a huge difference between Pace/Bloomsburg or whatever their name was and San Diego State, but so far so good).
a much better player then

MCW is so much better then Scoop that it's laughable that you would say that. He's better in every phase of the game and by a lot. He Will play in the NBA for many years.

I said the same thing at the game. Our fast break is not going to be anywhere near where its been the past few years. Hopefully having more shooters and some big men that can create shots down low will compensate...

I said the same thing at the game. Our fast break is not going to be anywhere near where its been the past few years. Hopefully having more shooters and some big men that can create shots down low will compensate...
Ya SU really struggled with ball handling in this game. They really struggled on the fast break. MCW had trouble at times getting across half court as did Triche. It's going to be a tough year.

He's
a much better player then

MCW is so much better then Scoop that it's laughable that you would say that. He's better in every phase of the game and by a lot. He Will play in the NBA for many years.
I completely agree that MCW is a better player... Do I think he is a better dribbler and as good on the fast break? No. Our fastbreal was as good as I've seen in college the past few years. As long as MCW stays around the same level he has been playing at when we play the big boys, we will be more than fine. Just not sold on his ball handling thus far, that's all.

Watching MCW run the point versus tape of Scoop last year is like when you go from playing Sega Genesis games to PS III. Thats not to take away from Scoop... he made the most of what his talents were. He just didn't have the natural gifts and speed that MCW has to work with.