2 more wins | Syracusefan.com

2 more wins

Are we counting the tournament? I think we’re 16-12 and have 3 regular season games left so we are guaranteed to be over .500 for the regular season. If we lose the first game in the ACC tournament we will be .500. Am I missing something, I am tired and also dumb.

Are we counting the tournament? I think we’re 16-12 and have 3 regular season games left so we are guaranteed to be over .500 for the regular season. If we lose the first game in the ACC tournament we will be .500. Am I missing something, I am tired and also dumb.

If we get to 17 wins, we can't finish worse than 17-14.

Factor in an ACC loss and an NCAA/NIT loss and we're 17-16 (worst case scenario).

17 is the magic number.

Heh I did the same thing

I like how we could get 21 wins but not make the tournament. What a year.

One more win. If we lose the first game of the ACC and first game of the NIT we would be 17-16.

This thread is why I love this board. Sitting in my kitchen and clicked on this thread and nearly blew my coffee out my nose. Ya don't get quality humor on Syracuse.com or the Boneyard. Stupid jokes in the morning are my jam I guess...
1582817846995.png

Well heres to hopefully securing another consecutive season while piling onto Roys losing.
I know you are referring to Roy Williams but this season winning streak wouldn't be a thing without revisiting another Roy, Coach Danforth, our HC of our last losing season. I need SWC to do a deep dive on this but Danforth's 1st season, 68-69, he went 9-16 and the following season 12-12. After that the rest is history bit I think it's important to learn 50 years later and to pay homage to the guys who bridged the Dave Bing era and the Final Four squad of the mid 70's. I know we have some life long fans who need to pipe in on this.

I know you are referring to Roy Williams but this season winning streak wouldn't be a thing without revisiting another Roy, Coach Danforth, our HC of our last losing season. I need SWC to do a deep dive on this but Danforth's 1st season, 68-69, he went 9-16 and the following season 12-12. After that the rest is history bit I think it's important to learn 50 years later and to pay homage to the guys who bridged the Dave Bing era and the Final Four squad of the mid 70's. I know we have some life long fans who need to pipe in on this.
Three constants in my life.

Miami Dolphins break my heart.
Syracuse basketball finishes with a winning record.
Pineapple never belongs on pizza.

I gotta say, I left this team for dead last fall. I thought the program was dead. This may be one of JBs best coaching jobs to turn this ship around. This team was unwatchable in December and now they are fun to watch again.

Post season counts in the overall record. Streak is based on consecutive winning seasons so 16-16 would break it. We could also get n NIT bid at 16-16 and lose that game to finish 16-17. 17th win is the clincher.

Of course, this is all moot as we'll win out, sweep the ACC Tournament and go into the dance at 23-12 with a six seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom