2 overriding thoughts/questions watching SU this year... | Syracusefan.com

2 overriding thoughts/questions watching SU this year...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Sorry, title should just say "thoughts"...

1. Syracuse basketball games are starting to becoming painfully boring. Everyone used to make fun of the big 10 and even pitt, but our games are trending towards the lowest scoring, slowest tempo games ive ever seen.

2. Tyler Ennis, for as good as he is, does not fit the Syracuse system. Syracuse basketball, moreso than any team out there, relies on a well defined system and style of play; Stifling defense starting with rangey guards up top and an offense that is at its best in transition. Tyler is basically provides the opposite of both of these traits. I see him more as a B10 guard. Dont get me wrong tho, id love for him to come back...im just pointing out that his style of play clashes with that of traditinal SU teams.

BORING is the right word in my opinion, at least on offense. Seems to be more excitement watching paint dry. Far cry from the thrills I was always used to.

With regard to Ennis, is he the one bringing our offense to a crawl or is it JB's scheme? Afraid I can't answer that question.

#1 is spot on and is becoming a freaking embarrassment. No more making fun of B10 ball. We have no right.

#2 Tyler Ennis is fine, I think. He needs more rest during games, imo. Needs to get stronger. I think the not pushing the tempo for the most part was by design. Not having many bodies and JB not wanting to sacrifice defense. When it became clear that we couldn't score during the end of the season I think he was instructed to push the tempo more.

I don't think JB's style changed; the players changed. MCW, Triche, Scoop, Waiters all loved to push; Southerland and Joseph were fantastic in transition with spot up jumpers or finishing strong at the rim.

This team didn't have that. I'm not gonna put it all on Ennis; but he's not the same type of PG like the dudes we've had in the past (even going back to Flynn).

Kaleb Joseph is more of a 'Cuse prototypical PG and I think McCullough will be really good. We need Ennis for 1 more year though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom