2 steps forward, 2 steps back …At the 10 minute mark I was so frustrated I just started writing… | Syracusefan.com

2 steps forward, 2 steps back …At the 10 minute mark I was so frustrated I just started writing…

Great writeup. I don't think I could have been as level headed as you if I wrote it.

Now I have this song in my head, and it even has a cool cat for Dino.

5 and 7 is an improvement. Next year will be worse. Kansas, AZ, UConn, that is our lot. The only ray of hope is that Kentucky and Wazoo found perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't see ours. DB's salvation, had always been to find a star quarterback. That is our only way out. We desperately need an under the radar star quarterback; someone who can force a winning season and upgrade recruiting. Otherwise we are stuck and it will not make a difference if we change coaches or not. There is little reason for good recruits to come here. Sure, some players will blossom, but never enough to fill all the holes.

FYi, in case anyone caught it, I was able to expand on this a little on the Exit 31 radio show on ESPN Syracuse earlier today.

I really hate how I went from being so excited about the Louisville game to doing a full 180 and completely dreading the NCST game. Sigh. I'm 100% sure I'm not alone too.

Not at all. A competitive loss would not have done this. This was a gut punch reminiscent, for me, of 2019 Maryland.
That's a pretty good comparison to the Maryland game. My feeling was pretty similar afterwards. I didn't know if we'd beat Louisville but I certainly expected to be competitive.