• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Millhouse

Living Legend
Totally unwatchable

if that game can't be entertaining on TV, what can?

college basketball is really hurting this year.

i'm lumping georgetown in with syracuse there, there was only one player on the floor that could score.

almost as disappointing as losing was just how awful that game was. total letdown from an entertainment perspective

that was probably the worst game ive ever attended live, just an awful game. and youre right about gtown, they sucked too, that game should have been over at halftime if we didnt suck so bad.

Maybe it is not the game but the players, what with all the elite players going the one and done route these days? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame them for leaving. Also, Kentucky getting 5-6 great players a year. You used to (if lucky) get 2 great players in a year once in a while. With Kentucky getting 5, 6, 7 a year, if you spread that wealth around to other teams, you might have 5-6 better (watcheable) teams? And then add in the fact they all leave after a year... (?) Maybe this is too simplistic. Who knows, all I know is I can't just sit down and watch a game anymore unless SU is involved.

Bilas talked about this its because the refs allow too much physicality and don't call fouls. Instead of having an enjoyable product to watch coaches realize to win they have should only care about defense are emulating the Butler/Pitt clutch and grab and bump crap and its killing offense. If college basketball followed what the NBA did after the unwatchable 2002-2004 era and outlawed hand-checking and stopped letting defense get away with fouls. What happened after the NBA cleaned it up Steve Nash won back to back MVPs(which he had no business winning) and the offense improved. College basketball needs to clean up the physical play and call fouls if teams couldn't get away with these junk defenses the game would improve. Also, I would also shorten the shot clock from 35 to 30 like they do in women's college basketball. Finally, I would move the 3 pt line back to the FIBA distance and maybe a little more because the college line is short and causes teams to jack up 20+ plus attempts instead of working on the mid-range game which is dying. A longer 3 pt line would cause less 3's taken and would make coaches actually teach their players how to run an offense.

Bilas talked about this its because the refs allow too much physicality and don't call fouls. Instead of having an enjoyable product to watch coaches realize to win they have should only care about defense are emulating the Butler/Pitt clutch and grab and bump crap and its killing offense. If college basketball followed what the NBA did after the unwatchable 2002-2004 era and outlawed hand-checking and stopped letting defense get away with fouls. What happened after the NBA cleaned it up Steve Nash won back to back MVPs(which he had no business winning) and the offense improved. College basketball needs to clean up the physical play and call fouls if teams couldn't get away with these junk defenses the game would improve. Also, I would also shorten the shot clock from 35 to 30 like they do in women's college basketball. Finally, I would move the 3 pt line back to the FIBA distance and maybe a little more because the college line is short and causes teams to jack up 20+ plus attempts instead of working on the mid-range game which is dying. A longer 3 pt line would cause less 3's taken and would make coaches actually teach their players how to run an offense.
I agree with all of this.

The only thing I'm not with you on is the three point line.

fix the shot clock and the game gets better. watching teams not even try to attack for 20-30 secs is bad for the game..
Yeah. I'd like to see a 28 second clock.

fix the shot clock and the game gets better. watching teams not even try to attack for 20-30 secs is bad for the game..

<----- shout out to Danny Biasone. He would know how to fix the game.

Next thing you know people will want to outlaw zone defenses and turn college ball into the NBA junior league. Give me a break.

People want more fouls called to "clean up the game". I'm not sure I want to see more free throws taken or more players fouling out. More consistency in the calls would be nice.

I think a bigger issue is the lane. The idea is that player should be able to move through the lane but not stand there. If the lane were more open, the game game would be too. They should not only call 3 seconds more but there should be a defensive three second call, giving the offense a new shot clock.

I think, without a doubt, the biggest problem in CBB is the fact their is no defensive 3 seconds. Can't even drive in college basketball anymore because two 6'10s are waiting to either A) Take a charge or B) Completely alter your shot... Rarely any bigs any more in CBB who can step out and stroke. Forget the post game anymore. I'd rather have a big who can shoot the three to spread things out and open things for the guards. In College, you make a post move on your man, you just have another 6'10 waiting for you because there is not defensive 3 second. Shot clock needs to be 30 seconds as well. Biggest problem is WITHOUT A DOUBT, no defensive three seconds. No doubt.

I think, without a doubt, the biggest problem in CBB is the fact their is no defensive 3 seconds. Can't even drive in college basketball anymore because two 6'10s are waiting to either A) Take a charge or B) Completely alter your shot... Rarely any bigs any more in CBB who can step out and stroke. Forget the post game anymore. I'd rather have a big who can shoot the three to spread things out and open things for the guards. In College, you make a post move on your man, you just have another 6'10 waiting for you because there is not defensive 3 second. Shot clock needs to be 30 seconds as well. Biggest problem is WITHOUT A DOUBT, no defensive three seconds. No doubt.

I'm not sure we need more Elver Ovcinas but I would like some more Danny Schayes. I love running an offense through the high post.

I'm not sure we need more Elver Ovcinas but I would like some more Danny Schayes. I love running an offense through the high post.
Yea, they are hard to find. But, it is so much more hard to guard when you have bigs who can shoot. When they set screens you have to worry about two people and not one. Their is not two guys clogging up the lanes for guards. Lost in college bball nowadays. Wiscy always has bigs who can shoot.

just at least make teams pass inside the arc at least once during the first 30 secs of standing around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom