2003 comparison - Baye equals Forth | Syracusefan.com

2003 comparison - Baye equals Forth

LAOrange

Starter
Melo - Fair; Warrick - Grant; Pace - Cooney; McNamara - Ennis
The differences are obvious on the first team. But on the second - We had McNeil, Edelin and Duany.
Second team now - G, Coleman, Christmas, Roberson, Johnson, Patterson and CO
Now why I choose Baye: Forth had the same basic make-up as this years team and he was extremely important on defense. Forth used to call the defense from the center position. Although only blessed with a four inch vertical leap, he was very smart and positioned players in the zone. He set high screens. From what I've heard, Baye is also a very intelligent young man and he positioned himself identically last night. Watch him... set the high screen, move to the center of the zone and call traffic. I could hear him last night.
The defense settled down and looked like that swinging zone we saw in the NCAAs at the end of last night's game. That's what won us the game. The guys regained their composure and their control of the game from the defensive end.
This team is going to be great, but greater if Baye stays in until Christmas catches on.

Melo was the single best one and done in history but he couldn't play 1 on 5. The rest of the this year's team (as a unit) is better than 2003. And, Igor, don't hijack the post. It's about Baye and the team comparison.

Melo was the single best one and done in history but he couldn't play 1 on 5. The rest of the this year's team (as a unit) is better than 2003. And, Igor, don't hijack the post. It's about Baye and the team comparison.
At this point I would take Edelin, McNamara and Forth over Ennis, Cooney and Keita. If Grant continues to improve this year, the forwards could be a wash. (based on 2nd year Hak.)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

index.php

At this point I would take Edelin, McNamara and Forth over Ennis, Cooney and Keita. If Grant continues to improve this year, the forwards could be a wash. (based on 2nd year Hak.)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

From what I have seen from three games... So not much, I take Ennis over Edelin and Baye over Forth. Those two(Forth and Baye) are much more close. Although, I take McNeil over Rak or DCII

At this point I would take Edelin, McNamara and Forth over Ennis, Cooney and Keita. If Grant continues to improve this year, the forwards could be a wash.

IMO, it all comes down to GMac and Cooney.

As a frosh, GMac averaged 13.3 points, 4.4 assists and 2.4 steals a game while shooting 40.1% from the floor, 35.7% from 3-point land, and 90.9% from the foul line.

We need that from Cooney.

The 2003 team will always be better until we win another NCAA Championship.

That's my opinion.

When Keita scores the first basket of the national title game I'll agree with this comparison.

I love forth but he doesn't even come close to matching Keitas speed, lateral quickness, hand or hand reflexes . He did however keep his hands up always,rebound pretty well, and have a high iq.

Oddly enough Criags ppg, rebounding and shotblocking is better statistically.

One of the advantages of Keita is he can really stretch the zone out with a more tougher look and more intensity and better recovery speed baseline then Craig. Its going to be a sad day we lose him defensively.

Remember when everyone was comparing the 2003 team to the 2008 team? That was awesome.

BTW statistically Kevin Durant was better in his one year at Texas...but that's more than negated by the fact he didn't make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

The forgotten center got us to an Elite 8, and final 4, if not for bad ref's would have been 2 final 4's, just enjoy the season, but we could be in for a real treat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom