2012 Spring Practice Schedule announced | Syracusefan.com

2012 Spring Practice Schedule announced

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/3/1/FB_0301120939.aspx

The culmination of Spring practice, the annual Spring Game, will be Saturday, April 21 at the Carrier Dome. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. Following the football Spring Game, Syracuse’s nationally-ranked men’s lacrosse team will host Georgetown at 3:00 p.m. :):):)

Practices are open to the public unless otherwise noted on the schedule.

On April 7 we are back to Rochester for a noon practice. Last year a group from syracusefan.com tailgated at the stadium, watched the scrimmage, then caught a bite to eat at the Rochester Dino.

If memory serves me right Tomcat, Cuseregular, DcCuse, Black Knight, Lurker John, GOSU96 and I attended. Mrs. Cuseregular made the trip but had some other things to see and do in the Lilac City.

There were any number of SU recruits there that day. Hopefully, we can start mining some of the better talent in Western NY by extending our reach with efforts like this.

That will be a busy day in downtown Rochester as the Red Wings host the Buffalo Bison's in the Frontier Field season opener at 4 PM.

Last year we did this almost two weeks earlier and froze our butts off, but it was fun nonetheless as the wind whipped air chilled to 27 degrees into our mugs. Cuseregular provided the hand-warmers. They sold hot chocolate, chili, dogs, soup and other hot beverages at the stadium.

The culmination of Spring practice, the annual Spring Game, will be Saturday, April 21 at the Carrier Dome. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. Following the football Spring Game, Syracuse’s nationally-ranked men’s lacrosse team will host Georgetown at 3:00 p.m. :):):)

You give some, you take some. The schedule already shows about 1/2 the practices will be closed.

But very smart to have the Gtown game to follow.

You give some, you take some. The schedule already shows about 1/2 the practices will be closed.

But very smart to have the Gtown game to follow.
It's not quite that bad Go, 11 of the 15 are open.

I think all of the Friday practices were closed last spring. It looks like the same number.

So that means people who attend the Spring Game can stay for the Lacrosse game free of charge like we did a few years ago when we faced Albany?

Really smart way to get a better turn out for the Spring game w/ the Lax game following. How many folks usually show up for Lax games?

I don't really care, but I wonder why they closed the 1st 2 practices? Aren't they usually pretty vanilla?

I don't really care, but I wonder why they closed the 1st 2 practices? Aren't they usually pretty vanilla?
I remember a few years ago Marrone said he doesn't open practices that are no pads because there's no reason to.

Good call doing the Rochester trip again, that was a fun day. Hopefully the recruits are all there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BrentAxeMedia
Marrone was asked about why most spring practices will be at Dome. Said there was something he couldnt talk about yet and deferred to Gross

Interesting...

Outdoor practice field being converted to an indoor football practice facility this Spring? :)

@JohnGarcia_Jr
I've heard similar from recruits FWIW MT @BrentAxeMedia Or maybe news on a practice facility? Just thinking out loud on what Marrone said

Awesome!

Man I hope so. Would then make quite a bit more sense for not having recruits on campus for a hoops game IF the alternative is being able to show them the beginning of new facilities being build as well as a computer run through of what those facilities will entail.

Also, agreed, very nice catch!

Man I hope so. Would then make quite a bit more sense for not having recruits on campus for a hoops game IF the alternative is being able to show them the beginning of new facilities being build as well as a computer run through of what those facilities will entail.

Also, agreed, very nice catch!

Not to start a debate on this again, but no reason they couldn't have done both. Would definitely be great to FINALLY show the recruits the plans or the actual building of a new facility. TGD & Coach Marrone - GetR'Done

Not to start a debate on this again, but no reason they couldn't have done both. Would definitely be great to FINALLY show the recruits the plans or the actual building of a new facility. TGD & Coach Marrone - GetR'Done

Hey you gotta crawl before you walk. The fact that we are least moving towards taking football seriously is a good thing. Wish we didn't have the speed bumps along the way as well but as long as we actually get there I can deal with it.

Outdoor practice field being converted to an indoor football practice facility this Spring? :)
I had discussions about this yesterday as well. I was hoping it was due to the groundbreaking of the IPF... however, it seems more likely that it's due to the Manley renovations that Barrel has outlined previously. If there are no locker rooms available at Manley then it makes sense to move practice to the Dome. AFAIK there has been no official announcement of the Manley renovations work.

Before the next city planning commission meeting is an application for abandonment of three blocks adjacent to the northeast corner of the athletics complex (see S-11-03: http://www.syracuse.ny.us/uploadedFiles/Departments/Zoning/Content/2012-03-12 CPC PN.pdf). It looks like some of that is University-owned land, but it's hard to tell: http://ocfintax.ongov.net/ImateSyr/quickstream.aspx?file=PDFMAPS/311500/055000.pdf

If SU's moving on a big building project, it'll come up before the planning commission. Perhaps this street abandonment application is related, but the topography of that part of the property isn't really suited to a big indoor facility. I'd have to guess that practices are in the Dome because the Manley locker rooms are unavailable.

from what i know the ipf is going up at skytop -they have some general plans ideas but nothing solid yet because of funding-
i guess a balloon dome type facility was shot down-they decided to do it right when they get the funds in place-

last year i was told 3 years at the earliest unless some big shot shows up with a boat full of cash-

from what i know the ipf is going up at skytop -they have some general plans ideas but nothing solid yet because of funding-
i guess a balloon dome type facility was shot down-they decided to do it right when they get the funds in place-

last year i was told 3 years at the earliest unless some big shot shows up with a boat full of cash-

Which raises an interesting - if somewhat crass - question. It's been a few months since Al Davis died. Any word on assets he may have left behind?