2013-14 ACC Basketball Season Grades: Syracuse Seriously ... | Syracusefan.com

2013-14 ACC Basketball Season Grades: Syracuse Seriously ...

This year's team will always be remembered with the 1964 Philadelphia Phillies by me. Except the Phillies' collapse really did surprise most people. I spent the winter of 2013/2014 dreaded the onset of the inevitable injuries and bad shooting nights and sure enough... Never could really enjoy last season, but I'm looking forward to November. No great expectations usually means it's Boeheim Time.

This year's team will always be remembered with the 1964 Philadelphia Phillies by me. Except the Phillies' collapse really did surprise most people. I spent the winter of 2013/2014 dreaded the onset of the inevitable injuries and bad shooting nights and sure enough... Never could really enjoy last season, but I'm looking forward to November. No great expectations usually means it's Boeheim Time.
UGH! You had to mention that Phillies team. As sickening as that finish was, the finishing touch was getting my check back that I'd sent in earlier for Series tickets.

Cooney D Everyone else A or B.

In all seriousness, I can't give less then a B-.

Yes, Dissapointing end to the season, but I believe JB and the gang did everything they could.
Fair had some games late where he shot 3 for 14 vs 6 for 14, a common trend throughout the season, and it happened more later in the season. And Ennis started stepping up but just couldn't find the late jumper to put us ahead in the round of 32. When a freshmen is your second pullup jumpshooter that doesn't exactly show alot of experience despte gmac and melo.

The team was just just built for poor jumpshooting when the pressure got tougher. Another key is motion offense having a rougher time as the season goes along. Fair and Cooney just weren't built like Rautins or Wes with the killer instinct off one dribble or the jabstep, they thrived very well when the motion offense exposed teams though, and that helped us remainunbeaten for a long time. One thing about pressure defenses though, the pressure gets tougher as the season goes on. They cut down on alot of your set plays more, and ask for you to go at them one on one.

Every year we had a what if ___ had returned, what could have been if Southerland or Mike had returned.

Oh and just kidding about Cooney, before someone goes on the warpath. Love the guy, hope he can find a way to shoot off the dribble or under pressure more, but if its not his game 21/2years from now, I won't be dissapointed either. He is who he is, a never back down hard worker, who takes the time to hustle. I think alot of people expect him and gbinije to get alittle better with seniority, but they also have a strong possibility to add more to their arsenal training in the secret ice tundra of Syracuse.

Last edited:
orangefan13 said:
Cooney D Everyone else A or B. In all seriousness, I can't give less then a B-. Yes, Dissapointing end to the season, but I believe JB and the gang did everything they could. Fair had some games late where he shot 3 for 14 vs 6 for 14, a common trend throughout the season, and it happened more later in the season. And Ennis started stepping up but just couldn't find the late jumper to put us ahead in the round of 32. When a freshmen is your second pullup jumpshooter that doesn't exactly show alot of experience despte gmac and melo. The team was just just built for poor jumpshooting when the pressure got tougher. Another key is motion offense having a rougher time as the season goes along. Fair and Cooney just weren't built like Rautins or Wes with the killer instinct off one dribble or the jabstep, they thrived very well when the motion offense exposed teams though, and that helped us remainunbeaten for a long time. One thing about pressure defenses though, the pressure gets tougher as the season goes on. They cut down on alot of your set plays more, and ask for you to go at them one on one. Every year we had a what if ___ had returned, what could have been if Southerland or Mike had returned. Oh and just kidding about Cooney, before someone goes on the warpath. Love the guy, hope he can find a way to shoot off the dribble or under pressure more, but if its not his game 21/2years from now, I won't be dissapointed either. He is who he is, a never back down hard worker, who takes the time to hustle. I think alot of people expect him and gbinije to get alittle better with seniority, but they also have a strong possibility to add more to their arsenal training in the secret ice tundra of Syracuse.

However, you continue to compare Cooney sophomore year to Rautin's senior year . You must not have seen Andy's first 2 seasons.