2013 - 14 TV Channels? | Syracusefan.com

2013 - 14 TV Channels?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
It may be a little early to post this and I will likely do it again after the schedule comes out and/or networks are shown on SUAthletics.com.

I am a Dish Network subscriber and was able to see all conference games last year except for one (channels ESPN, CBS and Big East Network which was shown on specialty channel MASN). Only saw a few of the non conference games. Unfortunately Dish Network dropped SNY over a year ago which also carried a number of our games.

Does ACC have their own network? Does one of the Regional Sports Networks (which I pay for) pick up the ACC games?

If I don't get my "viewing" fix on a regular basis then life might as well end. Wish SU would stream all their games which I would gladly pay for.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

God, this is getting worse by the day. So, if I read this correctly, there will likely be a handful of games on CNY Central, which surely nobody outside the NY area gets. And what's the deal with the early season OOC games. Of the 13, we know the 3 games on the island will be televised, as will the SJU and Big 10 challenge. I'm sure ESPN will show 1-2 random non-conference games, but that leaves roughly 6 others that used to be a pretty safe bet for SNY. Are they also going to CNY?

msg will also show select acc basketball games(and football)non conference games are a mystery

Is Time Warner Sports now out of the picture?
It looks like it...I wouldn't panic yet. The ACC has regional games of the week (throughout the country, in Syracuse it is on CNYCentral) and also ACC regional games on RSNs like YES and FOX Sports Pittsburgh, South, etc...in addition ESPN3 will have a ton of games. Ultimately, you might take out an insurance policy this year and order ESPN FullCourt. Use it this year and see if it helps. The ACC does "BlackOut" games.

The best TV website for games on TV is from Syracuse Fan Matt Sarzyniak www.mattsarzsports.com

It looks like it...I wouldn't panic yet. The ACC has regional games of the week (throughout the country, in Syracuse it is on CNYCentral) and also ACC regional games on RSNs like YES and FOX Sports Pittsburgh, South, etc...in addition ESPN3 will have a ton of games. Ultimately, you might take out an insurance policy this year and order ESPN FullCourt. Use it this year and see if it helps. The ACC does "BlackOut" games.

The best TV website for games on TV is from Syracuse Fan Matt Sarzyniak www.mattsarzsports.com

There's nothing like sports in glorious standard definition.

i got a lot of games on masn on directv last year..

Sigh I know...but better than no sound in a sports bar
and better than the glitching, buffering, blurring nonsense you get with live streaming

Thanks for the replies guys. September will likely provide some better information.

If you have access to ESPN3, just get a Google Chromecast and you should be able to stream the vast majority of our non-national games to your TV (to the best of my admittedly little knowledge of what Chromecast can/can't do...but hey, it's only $35 so it's not a huge investment).

If you have access to ESPN3, just get a Google Chromecast and you should be able to stream the vast majority of our non-national games to your TV (to the best of my admittedly little knowledge of what Chromecast can/can't do...but hey, it's only $35 so it's not a huge investment).
Again, though, the quality of the ESPN3 stream last year was spotty at best. Some games were all but unwatchable—and that was with a new Macbook, no other programs running and the fastest possible cable internet (Comcast).

Again, though, the quality of the ESPN3 stream last year was spotty at best. Some games were all but unwatchable—and that was with a new Macbook, no other programs running and the fastest possible cable internet (Comcast).

True enough, but sadly for many of us there are few other options. Hell, down here in Texas I've been to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and even they couldn't get some games. So unfortunately, it's a last resort but the best resort for a lot of us.