2013 East Regional and MSG | Syracusefan.com

2013 East Regional and MSG

will not happen according to Andy Katz. NCAA officials couldn't get the spot from NHL and NBA.

Down to Brooklyn or Carrier Dome.

Really hoping for BK so we can play in state, and not get shipped out like in 2010.

Can Syracuse and the dome reject the invitation if accepted??

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/katz-3-point-shot

They would never reject hosting the regional at the Dome, even if it meant us possibly not being able to play in the East region. It has too big of an economic impact on the CNY region, and I'm sure it fattens up the pockets of SU a little as well.

The Prudential Center in Newark, aka The Rock, was also reportedly in the mix. Looks like they were eliminated as well. I would have preferred that venue to Brooklyn, only because it would have been a lot more convenient for me to get to. I think the Dome would be a lock other than the problems Syracuse has had with hotels when it hosted previously. I think that thankfully, we are in better shape on that front these days.

The Prudential Center in Newark, aka The Rock, was also reportedly in the mix. Looks like they were eliminated as well. I would have preferred that venue to Brooklyn, only because it would have been a lot more convenient for me to get to. I think the Dome would be a lock other than the problems Syracuse has had with hotels when it hosted previously. I think that thankfully, we are in better shape on that front these days.

Seems like we have had a bunch of Holiday Inn Express, Hampton and Fairfields pop up in the last two or three years.

The Prudential Center in Newark, aka The Rock, was also reportedly in the mix. Looks like they were eliminated as well. I would have preferred that venue to Brooklyn, only because it would have been a lot more convenient for me to get to.

I, on the other hand, live about a dozen subway stops from the Barclays Center. That would have been the easiest trip ever.

I know hosting the regional benefits the city of Syracuse financially but I hate it when it causes SU to get shipped out to the midwest or west. Especially when we have a chance to make a decent run next year and could really benefit from playing close to home in the east. UGH!

The tourney doesn't belong in Newark! It's absolutely the worst city for the tourney. Last year I was visiting a client in Newark on Friday before the eastern final and there wasn't even a sign that the tourney was in town besides seeing a truck with Carolina plates going the wrong way on a one way street.

unless you're the clear cut #1, you do not reject this bid, IMO. You're never guaranteed the spot. What if two schools in the East have great seasons and get the #1 and #2 seeds in the East and SU gets sent down south or to the midwest? Take the bid and smile.

If you can get to MSG, you can get to Barclay's--it's on the same subway line.

Seems like we have had a bunch of Holiday Inn Express, Hampton and Fairfields pop up in the last two or three years.

Problem is you need hotels downtown near Armory Square. I don't think the one being built downtown will be ready though. Hopefully someday Hotel Syracuse will be gutted and redone.

Problem is you need hotels downtown near Armory Square. I don't think the one being built downtown will be ready though. Hopefully someday Hotel Syracuse will be gutted and redone.

it would be nice to have the train too...

Yeah it's not expected to open until May of next year unfortunately.

It's gonna be the Dome. I highly doubt the NCAA is going to let a venue that's never hosted the regionals do it on a short schedule. We can do it blindfolded.

It's gonna be the Dome. I highly doubt the NCAA is going to let a venue that's never hosted the regionals do it on a short schedule. We can do it blindfolded.

Absolutely. The road to the title will have to be Philly - LA/Dallas/Indy - Atlanta. If we get the Indy site at least I'll know all about that town after all my research for the 2010 Final Four. :mad:

if he dome gets the east, I would like to avoid Indy, playing a big ten team like Indiana in indy, not good

SU could get LA and the media will call it a home game due to the high number of alums out there.

call me crazy, we have a better chance of more fans in LA, as opposed to Indy or Jerry's world

Why is everyone so adamantly opposed to it being in the Dome? Is this team actually good enough to be a protected seed next year? And would we actually get to stay in the East AGAIN anyhow?

After 2013, are any of the East regionals set yet? I really want to see one in BK or MSG soon...

Of course we have a chance to be a protected seed. An excellent chance. Actually we will suck and be in the cbi next year jasoncuse. I would like to know jasoncuse, what are your thoughts on next years team???????

Also does the protected seed really matter anyway? We could be a 5 or 6 seed and still end up in the east.

Of course we have a chance to be a protected seed. An excellent chance. Actually we will suck and be in the cbi next year jasoncuse. I would like to know jasoncuse, what are your thoughts on next years team???????
Thanks for the snark. I think we'll have a tough time at times next year losing so much this year. Have to replace a ton of scoring, experience and defense, and we have a bunch of semi-unknowns to rely on. I think it's kind of ridiculous to be complaining about the East Regional potentially being at the Dome simply because we "might" not get the East regional. Philly is certainly a strong possibility, but getting to be the probable 1 seed in the East isn't something that seems so likely.

Thanks for the snark. I think we'll have a tough time at times next year losing so much this year. Have to replace a ton of scoring, experience and defense, and we have a bunch of semi-unknowns to rely on. I think it's kind of ridiculous to be complaining about the East Regional potentially being at the Dome simply because we "might" not get the East regional. Philly is certainly a strong possibility, but getting to be the probable 1 seed in the East isn't something that seems so likely.

But you don't need to be the 1 seed in the east to be placed there. The East is always going to be the most favorable location to us, and if the regional is at SU, that takes it out of play, which is a bummer.

But you don't need to be the 1 seed in the east to be placed there. The East is always going to be the most favorable location to us, and if the regional is at SU, that takes it out of play, which is a bummer.

Right, but if it's in Brooklyn/Newark then that's obviously advantageous for SU. If they are not a 1 seed, it seems unlikely that we'd get that preferential treatment.

Right, but if it's in Brooklyn/Newark then that's obviously advantageous for SU. If they are not a 1 seed, it seems unlikely that we'd get that preferential treatment.

Not necessarily. Kansas was a 2 seed and put in St. Louis this year. We got Albnay as a 3 seed in 2003. We got Jersey as a 3 last year. (Hell, Nova was a 9 last year and they got Jersey also). BYU was a 7 in 2010 and they were put in Salt Lake City. Baylor was in Houston as a 3, as was A&M as a 5.

I'm not saying every one of those is exactly the same, but I don't see this as something the committee is going to stay away from. Its hard enough to bracket the field as it is.

The tourney doesn't belong in Newark! It's absolutely the worst city for the tourney. Last year I was visiting a client in Newark on Friday before the eastern final and there wasn't even a sign that the tourney was in town besides seeing a truck with Carolina plates going the wrong way on a one way street.

You better hope Gov. Chris Christie doesn't see this post. He may get offended and eat you.