2013 NBA Draft... Will this class stink? | Syracusefan.com

2013 NBA Draft... Will this class stink?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Looking at some mocks out there... Nerlens Noel #2? This kid will never be more than a catch and dunk guy in the NBA and that doesn't work unless you're Dwight Howard. Isaiah Austin #6 looks like a nice project, but he just doesn't have the frame to put on enough weight to be a power in the NBA. He'll never be able to get above 240 and will get pushed around. Even Anthony Davis you could tell had a large frame to put on weight. Austin's shoulders look scrunched in and has no chest. Havent seen enough of Alex Len #5, seen McLemore #3 - he could be a player. Plumlee, Poythress, Goodwin lottery picks? I don't wany any of those guys on my NBA team. College yes, but not NBA.

Jamaal Franklin at #19 might be the best value of the draft... even if he is a punk

It's one of the best draft in years I think.

It's one of the best draft in years I think.

This is one of the craziest things I've ever seen posted on here. The 2014 draft on the other hand should be a good one.

i dont think you can say something like noel is only going to be a catch and dunk guy in the NBA. He's 18 years old, he has a lot of time to improve.

Goes for a lot of guys in the draft, not just Noel.

But that being said, I don't think this is considered a particularly good draft. Just pointing out most of the guys who will go at the top are so young they can improve a lot.

I was looking at the top. I'm a big fan of McLemore, Noel and Shabazz in the league, I also think Marcus Smart will be very good. I think it will be better than last years personally.

Guys like Dieng, Leslie, Franklin, Patric Young and Rodney Williams also really intrigue me in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Maybe I exaggerated by saying "years", but I like a lot of these guys in this draft.

I was looking at the top. I'm a big fan of McLemore, Noel and Shabazz in the league, I also think Marcus Smart will be very good. I think it will be better than last years personally.

Guys like Dieng, Leslie, Franklin, Patric Young and Rodney Williams also really intrigue me in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Maybe I exaggerated by saying "years", but I like a lot of these guys in this draft.
good college players, will struggle in the NBA. College is down, they look good.

i dont think you can say something like noel is only going to be a catch and dunk guy in the NBA. He's 18 years old, he has a lot of time to improve.

Goes for a lot of guys in the draft, not just Noel.

But that being said, I don't think this is considered a particularly good draft. Just pointing out most of the guys who will go at the top are so young they can improve a lot.
Yeah I think there's a lot of high ceiling guys in the lottery this year. As opposed to last year when there was a lot of questionable lotto picks of guys who seemed to reach their ceiling (TRob, Barnes, Rivers, Marshall)

good college players, will struggle in the NBA. College is down, they look good.
You might be right, the college game is kind of down this year. Obviously I'm not a scout or anything, but I've like the potential I've seen from some of those kids.

Yeah I think there's a lot of high ceiling guys in the lottery this year. As opposed to last year when there was a lot of questionable lotto picks of guys who seemed to reach their ceiling (TRob, Barnes, Rivers, Marshall)
Really if you look at the 2012 Draft class' performance this year, there are few if any on an All-Star path. An argument could be made for Davis, maybe. Barnes and Dion, have had brief flashes but still a LONG way to go. Marshall, Rivers, TRob...nothing...zilch...
Hard to grade classes a lot of them look better on Draft day than they do after.

Really if you look at the 2012 Draft class' performance this year, there are few if any on an All-Star path. An argument could be made for Davis, maybe. Barnes and Dion, have had brief flashes but still a LONG way to go. Marshall, Rivers, TRob...nothing...zilch...
Hard to grade classes a lot of them look better on Draft day than they do after.
Yeah it's not fair to grade a class after 1 year. Lilliard is best right now IMO, but Drummond is right there. But a lot of those guys you mentioned didn't seem to have the skills that would translate to the league, and they all went in the top 12 or so. I think the guys in this years lotto have more potential as a group.

Yeah it's not fair to grade a class after 1 year. Lilliard is best right now IMO, but Drummond is right there. But a lot of those guys you mentioned didn't seem to have the skills that would translate to the league, and they all went in the top 12 or so. I think the guys in this years lotto have more potential as a group.
Agreed, right after I hit send I thought about Drummond and Beal. Beal might breakout but seems like he is in a perfect position on a bad team to be a 20ppg guy but has not. Drummond, I actually saw an article asking "Is he the new Shaq". Probably hyperbolic as Shaq was always Shaq. He didn't have to become Shaq.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom