2013 Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

2013 Recruiting

Orangemen

All Conference
On scout we've got 1 five star and 3 three stars.

Any reason we should or should not be concerned about this?

Don't be concerned...we got Johnson at 16 yrs of age...young for class who is a very good player and will get better...we got Patterson...coaches offered and he accepted...he is in the mold of Dion and Triche...and if he comes in between a great get...and then we got the big guy...geez...and of course Ennis. We have gone from 0 to four good gets in less than two months.

Johnson will be 4 in time. Obokoh is a program big with good upside. Patterson prepped so he's been off the radar but was a top100 I believe. MCW was 3 when we signed him.

Not at all. Obokoh is likely a 4 year player, and I'm not too familiar with Johnson, but from what I hear, he has a ton of potential. We all know Ennis is a damn good prospect, and I think Patterson has been very underrated personally.

Patterson was in 50's- low 60's on most recruiting sites in 2011.
Thats 4 stars.

So one 5 star, one 4 with a extra year of ball, and 2 three stars. Not that stars matter because with JB right now they don't.

Wiggins or a scoring big with some muscle makes sense right now.

Is this question for real? This is a really good class. The only place where there's at least some sure PT next season is at point. And yet we are bringing in guys with major upside and might still grab an impact forward, all while not scaring off the big fish in 14 and 15.

I don't see what we could be doing better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not to worry at all because stars don't mean squat. Let's try to build teams full of kids that will stay longer than 1 or 2 years. I think that gives us our best shot at winning a NC (Melo was clearly the exception).

We aren't going to get recruits like UK, so let's focus on kids that fit the system. Boeheim, Hop and staff do a great job of that.

Only if you want to keep up with Ken*ucky

Wiggins or a scoring big with some muscle makes sense right now.

I have to admit, this made me LOL. Yes, the #1 player in the class would make sense now.

Be concerned. Others are looking through orange colored glasses.

How spoiled are we that we are complaining about this?

Very concerned. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) delusional or b) a hoya fan.

We have landed four players we want. In recent years, hasn't the staff shown they have a pretty good eye for talent? No one knew who the hell MCW was before we landed him. There's also a kid named Hakim something or other who no one wanted.

Patterson was a 4 star guy when he originally verbaled to Indiana. We still have a shot at Vonleh or Roberson. BJ Johnson is one of the youngest players in his class and by all accounts a lot of people are drooling over his potential.

People need to chill the hell out.

I don't want to offend you, but you have no idea what you speak of. My apologies in advance.

Seriously, we will be lucky to be over .500 next year. Is that sarcasm strong enough for you to register it?

ESPN ranks are class #15. There's zero concern.

What was the critical need? The answer is PG. We got one of the top PG's to commit, and commit early.

Any other pressing needs? A second guard. We got a kid who is a 3/4 star prospect depending on the site.

We got a 16-year-old, turning 17 in Dec., to commit. He's currently a top 30 SF prospect.

We got the top upstate prospect, Chinonso Obokoh, to commit. He's a top 30 C.

You need program guys, too. You pick ones with upside. None of those 3 star guys are expecting to be one-and-done. They give you stability. You've got your next Baye Keita, a Luke Jackson / Todd Burgan kind of player and a poor man's Michael Lloyd in that group of 3 star players. You sprinkle in star players around that core. We've done that so many times in the past, but now, we are getting a higher upside kid for the program positions on the roster.

agree with the sentiment of this thread. trust the staff, period.

ESPN ranks are class #15. There's zero concern.

What was the critical need? The answer is PG. We got one of the top PG's to commit, and commit early.

Any other pressing needs? A second guard. We got a kid who is a 3/4 star prospect depending on the site.

We got a 16-year-old, turning 17 in Dec., to commit. He's currently a top 30 SF prospect.

We got the top upstate prospect, Chinonso Obokoh, to commit. He's a top 30 C.

That is a concern. Top 30 at a position means there are an awful lot of kids better than they are. If they were top 10 at a position, or top 20 not so bad but top 30? Also 1 kid like that is ok but 2? The third is an unkown having to requalify. Do you think Ohio state turns down kids on a whim? And if MCW were to leave, that puts the guard positon in the hands of 1 experienced player, 1 top 20 pg and a relatively uncertainty. I'd rather have a top 30 (0ver all) or top 75 even than an uncertainity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom