2014 - We Hate You Tourney | Syracusefan.com

2014 - We Hate You Tourney

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
EDIT - It seems some want to nominate people throughout the history of the program. So I may pull a Lunardi, and just change the way we are doing things midway. Or go back to the way it was originally intended for things that only impacted 2014 only. Let's see how things progress.

I know we have a most popular poster tourney potentially going on, but with the many things that have caused us displeasure this year, this would seem to be natural for an annual tourney.

Refs, teams, announcers, writers, specific players, specific coaches.. anything associated with the SU fan's NCAA Basketball experience is eligible.

Note these nominations were for 2014 alone. Most will not get in anymore if we go with a historical view. I bolded those who we may still consider. We need some more

Dykes
Vitale
Patrick
Wichita
Duke
UConn
Pitt
The Boneyard

Marshall
Coach K
Cooney
Syracuse (some of us hate our own)
Igor
Seth Davis
Gottlieb

Aaron Craft
Kentucky
Calipari

Michael Stephens
Karl Hess
Tony Greene
AP Voters
Greensboro
Arizona
Kansas
Joe Lunardi
Dana O'Neill

Last edited:
We will go with 64... no seeds. Tournament matchups will be random.

Last edited:
jncuse said:
I know we have a most popular poster tourney potentially going on, but with the many things that have caused us displeasure this year, this would seem to be natural for an annual tourney.

Refs, teams, announcers, writers, specific players, specific coaches.. anything associated with the SU basketball fan experience in 2014 is eligible. Remember the tourney is meant to be based on who you hated most in 2014.

Some of my nominations. We need some more

Dykes
Vitale
Patrick
Wichita
Duke
UConn
Pitt
The Boneyard
Marshall
Coach K
Cooney
Igor
Seth Davis
Gottlieb
Aaron Craft
Kentucky
Calipari
Michael Stephens
Karl Hess
Tony Greene
AP Voters
Greensboro
Arizona
Kansas
Joe Lunardi
Dana O'Neill

Heck we could have 64 of entries just Hoya related.

Heck we could have 64 of entries just Hoya related.

Remember it still has to have some relation to 2014 in some way. Georgetown and John Thompson are still around so they are certainly eligible.

Refs, teams, announcers, writers, specific players, specific coaches.. anything associated with the SU basketball fan experience in 2014 is eligible. Remember the tourney is meant to be based on who you hated most in 2014.

Dykes
Vitale
Patrick
Wichita
Duke
UConn
Pitt
The Boneyard
Marshall
Coach K
Cooney
Igor
Seth Davis
Gottlieb
Aaron Craft
Kentucky
Calipari
Michael Stephens
Karl Hess
Tony Greene
AP Voters
Greensboro
Arizona
Kansas
Joe Lunardi
Dana O'Neill

Tony Greene wins this in a landslide.

Dick Vitale is a saint.

Mark Turgeon. He plays pretty good defense in the Maryland full-court press but he also trolled us pretty hard after we beat them.

Added:

Jamie Dixon
Goergetown
John Thompson III

Mark Turgeon. He plays pretty good defense in the Maryland full-court press but he also trolled us pretty hard after we beat them.

Good Call.

Mark Turgeon - IN

Tony Greene wins this in a landslide.

Dick Vitale is a saint.

Greene seems like he could be a #1 seed.

Some dissent on Vitale. Noted. He is on the bubble.

How about a final four of Tony Greene, Brennan, Calhoun, and John Thompson

How about a final four of Tony Greene, Brennan, Calhoun, and John Thompson

I guess we need to make a call if the person needed to be active in 2014... if the person continued to cause displeasure within the last 12 months they can qualify.

I guess we need to make a call if the person needed to be active in 2014... if the person continued to cause displeasure within the last 12 months they can qualify.

I didn't see the 2014 qualifier when I nominated Brennan. He is still to me the most annoying thing ESPN has ever rolled out. People in 2014 kept trying, and failing, to top him so that would be his only current relevance.

A few others for consideration:

Adidas Uniforms
Syracuse Blue Shorts
Ron Morris (AP Voter)
Virginia (turned into a nice rival for a short time)
Jay Bilas (still popular overall, and I don't mind him, but he rubbed some the wrong way this year - 16 seed material)
Seth Greenberg
Digger Phelps

Dykes
Vitale
Patrick
Wichita
Duke
UConn
Pitt
The Boneyard
Marshall
Coach K
Cooney
Igor
Seth Davis
Gottlieb
Aaron Craft
Kentucky
Calipari
Michael Stephens
Karl Hess
Tony Greene
AP Voters
Greensboro
Arizona
Kansas
Joe Lunardi
Dana O'Neill

Wait...no Michael Graham?! Where's Michael Graham? And what about that junior college transfer that played for Indiana in 1987? Where the hell is that guy? Is there a date limit on this thing?

Last edited:
What about:

Carl Krauser
"Precious" Paul Evans (he put the 'dick' in Dixon)
Zavackas
Chevy Troutman
Sean Miller
Lamar Patterson
The Oakland Zoo

We should do a tournament seeding for every team.

The Pitt Pod?

Wait...no Michael Graham?! Where's Michael Graham? And what about that junior college transfer that played for Indiana in 1987? Where the hell is that guy? Is there a date limit on this thing?

I was trying to keep it to 2014, so we could have an annual winner.

But seems to be more passion for a historical view.