2015 | Syracusefan.com

jdubs30

Living Legend
I know it's 2 years away; but it's snowing out and we haven't played in a week so bear with me. This is how imagine the depth chart for 2015:

PG: Ennis/Joseph/Gbinje
SG: Cooney/Richardson/Patterson/Gbinje
F: BJ Johnson/Gbinjie/Richardson
F: Roberson/Lyndon
C: Coleman/Chinso

It's my assumption that Grant and McCullough will both be gone by 2015, I think Ennis leaves after 2015.

With that being said, look at all those guards. We all know JB rarely goes with more than 8 guys in his rotation once conference play comes around; Ennis, Cooney, Joseph and Richardson will all get legitimate PT I'd assume. Then you'd have Gbinjie as a senior and Patterson as a junior. Will there be enough minutes to go around? Obviously Gbinjie will see some time at the 3, and I think Richardson will as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Patterson.

That's 11 schollys by my count, but we definitely need another body down low.

2014 looks to be the loaded year.

we are set up well for awhile

Ennis will be gone. Wishful thinking if you think he stays 3 years.

He has great basketball IQ and PG skills but he lacks the physical qualities that two year guys like Flynn Waiters and MCW had. I don't think three years is unreasonable.

Isn't Richardson class of 2015, making Ennis and Roberson juniors and Coleman and Cooney seniors?

I'm not expecting Ennis to be here as a junior if he continues on his current course of development.

I know it's 2 years away; but it's snowing out and we haven't played in a week so bear with me. This is how imagine the depth chart for 2015:

It's my assumption that Grant and McCullough will both be gone by 2015, I think Ennis leaves after 2015.

With that being said, look at all those guards. We all know JB rarely goes with more than 8 guys in his rotation once conference play comes around; Ennis, Cooney, Joseph and Richardson will all get legitimate PT I'd assume. Then you'd have Gbinjie as a senior and Patterson as a junior. Will there be enough minutes to go around? Obviously Gbinjie will see some time at the 3, and I think Richardson will as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Patterson.

I agree with your assumptions. I think we will get Ennis for three years not two like a lot of people are claiming. I think Grant will be gone by 2015. But I am not sure about McCullough leaving after one (but first he has to get here! <<insert McCullough prayer here>>). The BIGs usually take an extra year. McCullough during his second year at college would be totally sick! <<insert McCullough stays academically elligible prayer here>>

seems you got seasoned guard silent G picking splinters. that rotation would translate into about .16 mpg.

I think the odds are greater that Ennis is gone by 2015 than McCullough.

To the OP, I am not sure what you consider to be legitimate PT, but even a great 4th guard (like MCW) will get only about 10 mpg's. While SU plays 8, that is usually 3 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 centers.

I agree we are not done yet. SU is stud hunting for the heir apparent center (Chino is in the BMK role). Under the relatively new SU philosophy, this person should undergo the one year apprenticeship to DC2. Bryant might be a good fit.

Why? Even if Ennis is the better college player, McCulloughs potential/upside is way higher, and that's really all the NBA cares about.

Why? Even if Ennis is the better college player, McCulloughs potential/upside is way higher, and that's really all the NBA cares about.
A couple of reasons. First there is a possibility that Ennis leaves after this year. I feel Ennis will leave if the opportunity presents itself and if there is a deep SU run the opportunity may present itself.

And yes, McCullough will have potential. But so did/does Grant - and he is still here. I'm not convinced McCullough is going to get more time than Roberson next year. And if Grant is still here the minutes for McCullough may be somewhat limited.

Boner to the soup

A couple of reasons. First there is a possibility that Ennis leaves after this year. I feel Ennis will leave if the opportunity presents itself and if there is a deep SU run the opportunity may present itself.

And yes, McCullough will have potential. But so did/does Grant - and he is still here. I'm not convinced McCullough is going to get more time than Roberson next year. And if Grant is still here the minutes for McCullough may be somewhat limited.

I would be shocked. Ennius is a good college player but possesses none of the physical tools that our other guards who jumped early possessed.

To the OP, I am not sure what you consider to be legitimate PT, but even a great 4th guard (like MCW) will get only about 10 mpg's. While SU plays 8, that is usually 3 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 centers.

I agree we are not done yet. SU is stud hunting for the heir apparent center (Chino is in the BMK role). Under the relatively new SU philosophy, this person should undergo the one year apprenticeship to DC2. Bryant might be a good fit.
That was the point of this thread. To me it seems like Patterson won't get any PT. I understand Joseph and Richardson "waiting in the wings" until Cooney and Ennis leave, but it seems like Buss will have a hard time carving in a role. And out on the wings it seems like we'll see A LOT of BJ and Roberson. With their only backups being a 180lb (listed on ESPN) freshman in Lyndon, Gbinjie, and perhaps a bit of Richardson. Then we have Coleman at the 5 with his only backup being Chinso.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about the depth, but it seems like we'll be very guard heavy in 2015. I'm not really worried, but just thought it'd make for an interesting topic.

Ennis won't make it past next year.

Still add in Bryant and/or Diagne and it gets pretty scary

You're underestimating the freshmen. Patterson is Richardson in body height and wing span. They are both known for their outside shot. Patterson will have two more years in system and will start ahead of Richardson. If Cooney continues his development, he won't be here for that year. He'll have graduated and he'll be off to the bigs. If Ennis is also gone it would be Gbinje/Patterson (Think of the wingspan of those two) backed up by Joseph/Richardson with BJ playing the mad bomber.

The guard rotation is impossible to judge at the moment. Johnson and Gbinije could each be 15-20 point scorers for all we know by 2015.

I won't define a ceiling for Gbinije until JB decides to trust him in the system (conference play) and Gbinije feels confident pulling the trigger. After watching G, I can tell that he has the talent to be a scorer and good facilitator.

Johnson's what 18? I'm not even sure how much older Richardson is than him, keep in mind Richardson is very old for his class. Richardson is either 17 or 18 right now idk. Johnson's ceiling is impossible to define right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom