2017 Orange Targets On ESPNU Today at 2ET | Syracusefan.com

2017 Orange Targets On ESPNU Today at 2ET

iommi

Living Legend
SU top target, Philly PG Quade Green will be showcased in an AAU game. His teammate, C/PF Mohamed Bamba, also has a Cuse offer but Green is a hugely important recruit. Bamba has a 7'6" wingspan!

Thanks to Francis03, for the heads up!

For those who don't follow recruiting, Green is a small guard with a sweet stroke (beautiful fadeaway) and an innate ability to finish creatively around the rim. I'd start a chat room if anyone shows interest.

SU top target, Philly PG Quade Green will be showcased in an AAU game. His teammate, C/PF Mohamed Bamba, also has a Cuse offer but Green is a hugely important recruit. Bamba has a 7'6" wingspan!

Thanks to Francis03, for the heads up!

For those who don't follow recruiting, Green is a small guard with a sweet stroke (beautiful fadeaway) and an innate ability to finish creatively around the rim. I'd start a chat room if anyone shows interest.
Correction it was measured at 7'8 last year. I can only imagine what it'll be measured at this year. Rothstein, Jerami Grant like status.:rolling:

A lot of top coaches there. No mention of JB/ Hop. I hope they're there. I have Green for 7 points and 1 assist early. Very quick first step.

Green with a nasty step back and fadeaway long two from the corner.

Paul Biancardi said, "Green is not that explosive." SMH. :rolleyes:

Bamba is a Bad Bad Man.

Brandon Randolph is really good. Wow.

And Green has this fancy low dribble that is pretty nice to watch. He works the ball around and is extremely quick.

They're playing 16 minute halves. Green probably played about 12 minutes. I had him for 9 pts and 2 assists. I was impressed. Nice handle. Fearless. Took it to the rim. He had a couple layups rim out too but he has no hesitancy going to the rim among a lot of tall trees. He makes up for his lack of size with quickness, vision and pure toughness.

Bamba is going to be an absolute stud for someone.

Holy crap, what a bunch of sequences for Green.

*steals an inbound for a layup

*ridiculous drive through traffic, and a behind the back pass to Bamba for the flush. :eek: great replay from the baseline. Could be a SC Top 10.

*spin move to get around a defender on another break,,great vision,,leads to a layup

Wow. Please wear Orange, Quade!

Green's go-to shot is a fadeaway. Clearly he's used to playing against taller guys, so that's his moneymaker from the outside. He just drained a pretty one in the paint.

I have him for 13 and 5. He made both of his FTs early on.

Bamba is a great athlete with huge upside. An analyst said Bamba has a 9'2" standing reach, longer than anyone in the NBA.
.:eek:couchburn

Last edited:
With Quade's frame and white socks (or leg compression sleeves?), he reminds me of Tony Bland.

I am getting inordinately annoyed by the constant saying of the classes as "two sixteen" "two seventeen " etc. I can't tell you why but with each repeating of it I want to punch these guys in the face more and more.

Bamba is a kid that goes to Kentucky or Duke, isn't he? That he is from NYC gives me a little hope. But still...

Damn, I was typing a long post and it got lost somehow. My iPad does that sometimes. Ugh.

Anyway, I had Green for 17 pts, 5 dimes and 2 steals. I did not chart the game, just did those stats in my head as I was watching live. He has excellent vision and is a great floor general.

Only nitpicking, but he had 3 turnovers and tends to overdribble occasionally.

He loves a very low dribble between his legs. Just an observation, not a criticism.

Best time to watch for was from the 15:00 to 13:00 mark in game time in the 2nd half, which I referred to in post #9 above. His passing, court awareness and vision. Off the charts.

He was clutch down the stretch, draining both ends of a one-and-one and a big lane fade-away with under :30 left. No fear. Wants the ball.

I have no concerns with Quade being too small for our system. He's a great player.

Last edited:
I am getting inordinately annoyed by the constant saying of the classes as "two sixteen" "two seventeen " etc. I can't tell you why but with each repeating of it I want to punch these guys in the face more and more.
I think Biancardi is the only one who uses that construct. And it drives me crazy too.

I think Biancardi is the only one who uses that construct. And it drives me crazy too.

I'm curious what Francis03 thinks of Biancardi, strictly as a talent evaluator. We all know ESPN's rankings tend to show some bias. I think Biancardi is entertaining as a commentator. Entertaining. I'm not sure he's much of an evaluator.

Anyway, I had Green for 17 pts, 5 dimes and 2 steals.

Quade wound up with 17pts, 10 assists, and 2 steals.

Wow, I need to be a more generous official scorer. Maybe they used the hockey or soccer rules.

SUball:E

It's worth going out of your way to watch this game. It was very competitive and not an all star setting. These teams were playing to win in front of an all star array of coaches.

We need Quade Green to become Orange.

I'm curious what Francis03 thinks of Biancardi, strictly as a talent evaluator. We all know ESPN's rankings tend to show some bias. I think Biancardi is entertaining as a commentator. Entertaining. I'm not sure he's much of an evaluator.
ESPN has a team of about 5-6 guys that weight on evaluations and rankings. I feel the same that Biancardi is quite good as a commentator and usually does a good job during the games, but some of his evaluations and player comparisons leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes it's Rothstein bad where I just have to laugh. Still though, he's a good guy and always seem to speak well about SU and the program. He was saying even after we lost to Pitt that we deserved to be in the big dance and never wavered from that thought throughout the week. The UK and Duke constant slobbing is overkill, but I think that has more to do with the higher ups running the broadcast than his own doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom