2019 College Crosse Bracketology 7.0: Pre-conference championship week | Syracusefan.com

2019 College Crosse Bracketology 7.0: Pre-conference championship week

Literal, and not just typed, LOL. dook as #2? Yale as #5? I will give them some credit for saving a flight by having Denver go to ND, though.

I trust Patrick Stevens more than the guys at College Crosse, but this bracket seems to make a lot more sense.

I like how duke just soaked a loss to previously on the bubble ND and have suffered absolutely zero consequences. If anything it feels like their tournament prospects have improved. Meanwhile we lost to the team 16th in RPI that also beat duke and go from around the 5 seed to one of the "last teams in" according to some projections. Feels like our Colgate loss was always going to put us on a slippery slope in the eyes of the commitee. High Point could have been a similar bad loss for Duke/UVA but they continue to barely win against bad teams. I know a win is a win but you wish the committee could just eliminate High Point from consideration after only beating 1-12 Mercer and 3-10 Bellarmine both by 1 goal in April (basically that is unequivocal evidence that High Point is terrible IMO). Of course Duke will be easily taken over by either UVA if they win the ACC tourney or Penn/Yale if one of them wins the Ivy League tourney. If MD wins the Big 10 Duke would also drop. Most likely they still drop 1 or 2 spots. These projections are pretty useless until all the tourneys end since a whole lot will inevitably change.

I like how duke just soaked a loss to previously on the bubble ND and have suffered absolutely zero consequences. If anything it feels like their tournament prospects have improved. Meanwhile we lost to the team 16th in RPI that also beat duke and go from around the 5 seed to one of the "last teams in" according to some projections. Feels like our Colgate loss was always going to put us on a slippery slope in the eyes of the commitee. High Point could have been a similar bad loss for Duke/UVA but they continue to barely win against bad teams. I know a win is a win but you wish the committee could just eliminate High Point from consideration after only beating 1-12 Mercer and 3-10 Bellarmine both by 1 goal in April (basically that is unequivocal evidence that High Point is terrible IMO). Of course Duke will be easily taken over by either UVA if they win the ACC tourney or Penn/Yale if one of them wins the Ivy League tourney. If MD wins the Big 10 Duke would also drop. Most likely they still drop 1 or 2 spots. These projections are pretty useless until all the tourneys end since a whole lot will inevitably change.

Yeah I tend to agree I mean if Duke isn't going to get penalized for losing to a team they handled in the regular season match-up a couple of weeks ago then why should Syracuse, who had the same situation.
Duke also needed OT to beat Marquette the weekend before. Don't get me wrong I think they're a really good team but they haven't looked that good the past 2 weeks.

Yeah I tend to agree I mean if Duke isn't going to get penalized for losing to a team they handled in the regular season match-up a couple of weeks ago then why should Syracuse, who had the same situation.
Duke also needed OT to beat Marquette the weekend before. Don't get me wrong I think they're a really good team but they haven't looked that good the past 2 weeks.

Wow I almost forgot about Marquette! They also appear to have been fresh off a 7 goal loss to 7-8 Providence before they played and nearly beat Duke. Clearly a powerhouse! Overall I like that the committee doesn't put a lot of stock into goal differential and date that games were played, but when you are dealing with Razor thin margins already, you wish that they would take into account things like almost losing to a team with a terrible record a couple weeks before the tourney.

Wow I almost forgot about Marquette! They also appear to have been fresh off a 7 goal loss to 7-8 Providence before they played and nearly beat Duke. Clearly a powerhouse! Overall I like that the committee doesn't put a lot of stock into goal differential and date that games were played, but when you are dealing with Razor thin margins already, you wish that they would take into account things like almost losing to a team with a terrible record a couple weeks before the tourney.

I'm ok with not putting much stock into goal differential but I do think it's important to factor in when a team losses. Yes I'm going to be a bit of a homer here, but losing to Colgate almost 3 months ago to me is different than if they lost to them last week. I just think teams that suffer a "bad" early season loss should get credit when they improve throughout the season.