2019 Fall Ball ... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Ball ...

Do people remember how they structured the teams last year? Did they split starters up or keep them together. I feel like the teams were mostly random, but wanted to confirm with people who were there.

I know they have a big squad and the coaches fee like they have to get a look at as many varsity players as possible, but I do think it’s good to compete against a different group of players, even if they are alums. I think they would go a bit harder with bragging rights on the line.

Alphabetically.

Rather be scrimmaging another squad than intrasquad since approaches tend to differ.

Porter absence not the worst thing , give the 3rd g a start and additional minutes to a few.

Drake Porter named to the Canadian National team that will compete this weekend at US Lacrosse's "Fall Classic" in Maryland. Guess he won't play in the Dome?

“As the team looks towards the end of fall ball, this is the lone scheduled open opportunity remaining for fans to catch the team in action before they open the season in February.”

Guess the Lehigh scrimmage is closed to the public

“As the team looks towards the end of fall ball, this is the lone scheduled open opportunity remaining for fans to catch the team in action before they open the season in February.”

Guess the Lehigh scrimmage is closed to the public

Makes sense if it's in Ensley.

Thanks to all who can provide insight analysis for the scrimmage tomorrow! If someone could try and keep track of goal scorers/"assisters" that would be greatly appreciated ... assuming Xtreme will post a picture of the roster? Also curious to know if any of the freshmen stand out. Thanks again!

I don’t mind Porter not playing. We know he’s the starter, let’s get an extended look at Strang & the youngsters.

I don’t mind Porter not playing. We know he’s the starter, let’s get an extended look at Strang & the youngsters.
Agree, Porter won't be missing anything because he will be getting reps at the international level and it frees up extended playing time for players down the depth chart. win-win

C292A68B-76A9-4298-B885-F9E8DB084609.jpeg

Berkman and Kennedy appear to be the only actual redshirt freshman. Jared Fernandez just listed as a junior?? Thought he would be a redshirt sophomore this year. That is actually a major bummer

Also of note is that willie klan is literally the only senior on the team that is not a crucial component to the squad. We don’t have many seniors but almost 100% of the ones we do have are very important.

Cuse appears to have only three healthy close defenseman for scrimmage. Given that a intrasquad scrimmage needs six, expect some lsms to play close or maybe even a recent alumn defender asked to play. Doubt Staats plays today., JKennedy, Hull n Lee should be back by start of January

Also of note is that willie klan is literally the only senior on the team that is not a crucial component to the squad. We don’t have many seniors but almost 100% of the ones we do have are very important.
Yep. Porter, Mellen, Dearth, Helmer, Small and Refhuss all play key roles. This team has many jrs

Berkman and Kennedy appear to be the only actual redshirt freshman. Jared Fernandez just listed as a junior?? Thought he would be a redshirt sophomore this year. That is actually a major bummer

that would be a bummer. Also, Jerry Staats only spent one year at OCC. I feel like he should be listed as a redshirt sophomore. When he came in last year he was listed as a junior, so maybe I am wrong about his eligibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom