2019 Football Camp: Practice Day #14, Saturday 8/17/2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Football Camp: Practice Day #14, Saturday 8/17/2019

Really encouraging stuff from that recap. Really glad to see the true freshman Linton, Munoz and Geulbourne making plays as well as the offense being able to move the ball
Good stuff for the future.

Dino stated that there were a couple of injuries from the first scrimmage, that will "effect us the first couple of games"
Did McKinley Williams get hurt in the scrimmage? Does anyone know who he is referencing?

All I hear about individual players and the team is tidbits from everyone here and what the local media puts out, but we are starting to hear more and more frequently that 87 is doing good things. Chalk another one up to the coaching staff being able to recognize talent because he was very lightly recruited and and Cuse was by FAR his biggest offer.
Cuse.com write-up said "Benson caught two 35-yard touchdowns on balls thrown by DeVito and Welch on consecutive plays." !

Dino stated that there were a couple of injuries from the first scrimmage, that will "effect us the first couple of games"
Did McKinley Williams get hurt in the scrimmage? Does anyone know who he is referencing?
Elmore and Johnson have been in Green almost all camp. Not from first scrimmage though.
May still be limited in first game. Conners who is Elmore's backup at FB was injured and out 4-6 weeks.
Heckel out a week then in Green a week. That may impact first game too. Williams definitely out a few games at least.

Ok ... I’ll give some I wanna wait to see what SU puts out than I’ll counter ...plus can’t get in trouble giving away
First ... no apparentt injuries today !
The first third the D was tough
After that the O won IMO
one coach said best Dino D he has been a part of . I kept my distance but as usual all the coaches came to me and were the same great people they were during recruiting!
On injury update Dino was a little ginger with the handshake due to his shoulder this could be a factor when Hugh freeze has to congratulate him on the win in 2 weeks !
Most WRs did not dress as precaution only
Taj who had a rough day but a TD to close
The scrimmage! # 87 had a day
Rex was pretty good
The O line did pretty good as well
Jarviian had a long one through a huge hole
Jordan had one outside but was also nice to see a short one between the tackles
Oh and your starting QBs feet were a big factor today
All in all I saw a lot of good things on both sides of the ball
O Mr. Caretaker, now that they've come out with the official line care to take another stab at adding any thing to the story? See what I did there?

Elmore and Johnson have been in Green almost all camp. Not from first scrimmage though.
May still be limited in first game. Conners who is Elmore's backup at FB was injured and out 4-6 weeks.
Heckel out a week then in Green a week. That may impact first game too. Williams definitely out a few games at least.
Williams is out "indefinitely" Isn't that usually a nice way of saying, "out for the year"?

Williams is out "indefinitely" Isn't that usually a nice way of saying, "out for the year"?
In one of the postings it said 4-6 weeks but it was confusing if he was referring to Conner or Williams.
Dino is so secretive on injuries the program has used the term indefinitely for a various types and lengths of injuries. All we're pretty sure of right now is he'll miss some games. We don't know if it's 2 or 12 right now. They probably don't know exactly when either hence the word indefinately.

Cuse.com write-up said "Benson caught two 35-yard touchdowns on balls thrown by DeVito and Welch on consecutive plays." !
The true use of a TE in this offense will really be fun to watch if it happens. It has been awhile since we have really had big plays from that position. I am not sure what the breakdown of receptions by area of the field has been the last few years but it seems like most of the receptions are outside of the hashmarks. If we can make use of the center with TE seam routes it’s possible the offense actually gets scarier to defend.
8C1DAC04-07DA-412E-9F73-13F07839A5B2.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom